• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men 14 and 94, just to get an idea....

28 posts in this topic

Sort of funny. I just got both of these books. The 94 looks to be very nice indeed. From the pic's, it look's to be at least a 9.0 or better. Mine is a CGC 8.0 White Pages. Your 14 looks very similar too mine. Im in the range of 8.5 too 9.0 better pic's would help. Either way two very nice books, with the 94 being the better condition book....

Fred, Both books look very nice. Photo's are tough to grade by, scans are preferred. It's hard enough with large scans. confused-smiley-013.gif As both issues are in relatively high demand in high grade, I think slabbing is warranted. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have a few other old X-Men books including issue 19 and others. 19 is in the same condition as far as spine and pages.... the cover is flat, but has a few creases where the front cover had been bent over..... book looks great.... any clue how this effects the cgc grading? 7.0? etc?

(Or if you guys like seeing the pics, I can simply post more of them smile.gif )

I have a few other old X-Men books including issue 19 and others. 19 is in the same condition as far as spine and pages.... the cover is flat, but has a few creases where the front cover had been bent over..... book looks great.... any clue how this effects the cgc grading? 7.0? etc?

(Or if you guys like seeing the pics, I can simply post more of them smile.gif )

Post all you like - we love comics! cloud9.gif

Color-breaking creases will kill your CGC grade - only select your finest copies for slabbing, at least until you think you get the hang of it. I've sent in about 60-70 issues for slabbing and I'm still learning how to look at my books with a critical eye.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Thanks for the feedback guys!! Just thought you'd be interested in the results of my Big Apple grading experience. Stout1a and Aces were both dead on... X-Men 14 received an 8.5 (and is up on eBay right now along with a few others) and X-Men 94 received a 9.0. Funny thing is that I brought a Sandman # 1 and it received a 9.8, while an Ultimate Spidey 1/2 WWE brought in a 9.4... the Ultimate Spidey is visibly in much better pristine condition than the 9.8.... weird huh?

Fred

I agree with David, its hard to grade from pics, scans are better, I thought your 94 was a solid 9.4 o/w.

What was the page quality on the X-men 14 - looked Cream to O/W to me. Just curious.

Fred,

Since your photos are sooo small, all of the label details are important in your ad! You might want to spring for the super-size, or host your own photos for the CGC'd books.

David

Damn.... and here I thought Super-Size was just for my value meals! I just took more photos of close-ups on the labels for the books without bids. Unfortunately, the good ones already have bids, but I added the label info. Hope that helps anyone looking at them. ugh

Thanks for the tips fellas!

Fred aka ebayer nedleedsjr

Based on the scans the X-men 94 looks undergraded. If you could toss up some flat-bed scans or something, we'd be able to see them better. But if it's as nice as the scan sort of makes it out to be, it should be a 9.2 minimum? The 14 grade looks dead on.

Brian

Based on the scans the X-men 94 looks undergraded. If you could toss up some flat-bed scans or something, we'd be able to see them better. But if it's as nice as the scan sort of makes it out to be, it should be a 9.2 minimum? The 14 grade looks dead on.

Brian

Uh, they've already been graded . . . foreheadslap.gif