• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dell Comics Reprint Question

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I've been wanting to read some stuff from Dell and was wondering if there was any company that reprints Dell Comics?

I know that Dark Horse has done a few things (Tarzan, etc...), but I was really wanting to read some of their western stuff and am not having any luck finding it.

Thanks for the help.

I know of no company that reprints Dell Western material. I assume that 1) the rights issue must be a pain to figure out and the payments would be prohibitive, 2) the material can be had for relatively cheap and 3) I don't imagine there is a market out there to purchase any new printing.

Of course, as you mention, the Roy Rogers are getting archived, no? For my money, the Lone Rangers are better reads anyway in the major series.

Good luck with your search but I believe getting books cheaply is your best bet :thumbsup:

www.archive.org is a great resource and has some Dell Westerns that I noticed along with other comics. Try a search for Dell Comics or Western Comics.

They have printed material like comics, magazines that are in the public domain as well as visual and audio media.