• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How does one acquire a Geppi Museum Copy?

8 posts in this topic

I noticed this book for sale on ebay and was wondering how one gets a Geppi museum copy (assuming it is):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=201021834704

Does the museum sell books?

Thanks for any insight.

John

If memory serves me correctly, they give out free comics to the kids that go through the museum. They had a trivia thing my daughter and I have done. At the end, if you have enough points, you win a prize. It, of course, is a comic book. It happened to be a reprint and I believe it had some sort of Geppi indication on it.

Someone in the city may be able to confirm this, but it also looks like they pretty much run an LCS out of the store.

The book linked was most likely put on display at some kind of exhibit on promotional comic books.

I also have a copy of that book, - the only thing that ebay listing says is that at one point it was on display, while right now arn't there a bunch of Milestone OA on display as part of a black history exhibit?

If memory serves me correctly, they give out free comics to the kids that go through the museum. They had a trivia thing my daughter and I have done. At the end, if you have enough points, you win a prize. It, of course, is a comic book. It happened to be a reprint and I believe it had some sort of Geppi indication on it.

Someone in the city may be able to confirm this, but it also looks like they pretty much run an LCS out of the store.

:gossip: you don't have to be a kid to get one lol I got an Army of Darkness book and my friend got a TMNT book.

But yeah, it's basically a museum with a LCS. My best friend lives across the street from it. Really cool place.

:gossip: you don't have to be a kid to get one lol I got an Army of Darkness book and my friend got a TMNT book.

But yeah, it's basically a museum with a LCS. My best friend lives across the street from it. Really cool place.

You are probably right. I may have won a book too- but I think I gave it to my daughter.

Back in 2006 I was introduced to Jeff Vaughn and Tom Gordon, both with Gemstone at the time. They had asked me if I could fill a "want list" of comics for them. It was about 14 books in all. Turns out, the books would end up being displayed in the museum :) . One of these days I'll have to stop by and see em....