• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman Vol. 2 #1

5 posts in this topic

Took a long hiatus from comics, back in now.

I have the opportunity to get several copies of #1 in NMT to NMT+ for $1.99 each, is it worth the small investment?

Also, what is the current state of #75 -- after the massive speculation on this issue

many years ago?

Thanks in advance.

Took a long hiatus from comics, back in now.

I have the opportunity to get several copies of #1 in NMT to NMT+ for $1.99 each, is it worth the small investment?

Also, what is the current state of #75 -- after the massive speculation on this issue

many years ago?

Thanks in advance.

Hola, Bonzo. Welcome to the boards. If you want the #1's as an investment, I wouldn't pay more than a dollar for each. And that's assuming they're in 9.8 shape. No idea about the 75.

Well I bought one #1, and two #75 (one direct and one Newsie). Had three #1 to pick from, so debagged and gave 'em a good look.

OK -- they're plentiful but they're all probably 9.6 or better so they'll do for my PC.

The LCS where I get many "gifts" doesn't specialize in comics and they let a lot of really good stuff get away for peanuts. I find great stuff in their $1 bargain bins on a regular basis. Most recently picked up NM copies of X-Factor 24 and Captain America 360 for a buck apiece.

But the real fun begins when they acquire a collection of older gold/silver/bronze comics and price them all to sell. Then it's a feeding frenzy once the word gets out.

It really pays to establish communication with the salespeople at stores like this.