• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TTA 44 9.4 and 9.6 NORTHLAND BOTH SELL

35 posts in this topic

its a pretty good price but the book is super tough and has a classic "jabba the hut" cover

i owuldve been happy with that 9.4 too!!

hail.gif

Extremely tough book to get. Actually any issue before #50 is very hard to find in high grade. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Anyone looking for a TTA 39 in 9.4?

That's a great cover. That said, it has the most copies in the census (2) 9.6's and (6) 9.4's as any issue before #49 (which has (1) 9.6 and (7) 9.4's).

The issues in the 40's are very tough to get in high grade.

That's a great cover. That said, it has the most copies in the census (2) 9.6's and (6) 9.4's as any issue before #49 (which has (1) 9.6 and (7) 9.4's).

what's your take on the TTA's from 50 - 60?? (The Giant-Man issues........)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what's your take on the TTA's from 50 - 60?? (The Giant-Man issues........)

Easier than issues in the 40's, but still not easy in 9.2 or higher. And if you look at ComicLink, you will see that they have a #49 (first Giant-Man), #51 and #55 (some have sold) in CGC 9.4. But notice that ALL of those have CREAM to OFF-WHITE pages so the selling price is a bit misleading.

Probably one of the more underappreciated titles considering how hard they are to find. I'm particular fond of issue #59-69 (HULK AND GIANT-MAN) as those covers are just fabulous.

thanks for your input - my TTA's are second only in quality to my Strange Tales run. i'll have to wait until the dust settles from Pedigrees next wave...........

I believe (but could be wrong) that several of your Strange Tales went to THE TOP SA ollector. That won't happen this time as THE TOP SA collector already has a premiere run of TTA's.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Go on then, what multiple of guide do you want?? smirk.gif

It's a 9.4 with OW-W pages. If anyone is seriously interested, PM me. It's one of the last Marvels worth more than $100 that I own, and I am a motivated seller so I can replenish a seriously depleted war chest.

Yeah, it definitely is one of those anamolous early SA Marvels, along with JIM 88 and TOS 48, that for some reason exist in really high numbers in high grade, particularly when you look at the surrounding issues in each of those titles. Having said that, it is still a super nice copy and a must have for any TTA completist (surely there are some?). The 9.6s belong to Brulato and Schmell, so for practical purposes 9.4 is as good as it gets.

thanks for your input - my TTA's are second only in quality to my Strange Tales run. i'll have to wait until the dust settles from Pedigrees next wave...........

I believe (but could be wrong) that several of your Strange Tales went to THE TOP SA ollector. That won't happen this time as THE TOP SA collector already has a premiere run of TTA's.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But the "top SA collector" also had the premiere run of STs already (mostly Western Penn, I've been told). 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But the "top SA collector" also had the premiere run of STs already (mostly Western Penn, I've been told).

What I was really getting at, is that the top two SA collectors both have incredible runs of TTA. Trust me I know.

Therefore, I don't see either one of them getting into a bidding frenzy for 9.4 TTA's. Regardless of how early they are.

What I was really getting at, is that the top two SA collectors both have incredible runs of TTA. Trust me I know.

Therefore, I don't see either one of them getting into a bidding frenzy for 9.4 TTA's. Regardless of how early they are.

The top two SA collectors have incredible runs of just about EVERY Marvel title, but that doesn't stop the rest of the great unwashed masses from getting into some pretty crazy bidding wars for lots of nice books. But early TTAs, for some reason, seem to attract the least interest of all the early major Marvel SA titles, even Strange Tales.

I guess Antman/Giantman just didn't do it for a lot of people, so collectors #3 through 4072 just aren't willing to pay up to assemble a TTA run.

The top two SA collectors have incredible runs of just about EVERY Marvel title, but that doesn't stop the rest of the great unwashed masses from getting into some pretty crazy bidding wars for lots of nice books. But early TTAs, for some reason, seem to attract the least interest of all the early major Marvel SA titles, even Strange Tales.

I guess Antman/Giantman just didn't do it for a lot of people, so collectors #3 through 4072 just aren't willing to pay up to assemble a TTA run.

I think this is very true. I'm working on my Strange Tales run for that very reason. I'm also working on TTA from #59-101 as those have the Hulk (which is a major Marvel character). I think some of the early issues are very good bargains compared to how hard they are to get. And some of the covers are as good as any in the Marvel Universe.

I think this is very true. I'm working on my Strange Tales run for that very reason. I'm also working on TTA from #59-101 as those have the Hulk (which is a major Marvel character). I think some of the early issues are very good bargains compared to how hard they are to get. And some of the covers are as good as any in the Marvel Universe.

I'm actually starting to do the same but mainly with covers that show the Sub-Mariner (70-101) and I'm trying to do 9.4's and above, but I have included some obvious beauties such as #93, 99, 100 and 101. Ah heck they are all nice and I'm actually tempted to buy up 9.2's because they are so cheap. I think you can scoop up most of these at bargin prices through EBay.

I'm actually starting to do the same but mainly with covers that show the Sub-Mariner (70-101) and I'm trying to do 9.4's and above, but I have included some obvious beauties such as #93, 99, 100 and 101. Ah heck they are all nice and I'm actually tempted to buy up 9.2's because they are so cheap. I think you can scoop up most of these at bargin prices through EBay.

Stay away from 9.2's. You only want to buy 9.4,9.6 or 9.8's preferably from pedigree collections. No matter what the cost, those books are worth it. wink.gif