• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Tick set ????

15 posts in this topic

OK I see it now, thanks for the precision.

But can you delete it nevertheless because this comic has nothing to do with the regular first serie Tick #1 to #12 of this set please?

The Tick Free Comic Book Day Special Edition was a reprint of Tick Special Edition #1 but the new one ...

The Tick nn Free Comic Book Day is ALL new story that got nothing to do with the first Tick serie.

Thank you :)

IMG_20140103_1206292_zpsfc5ac71d.jpg

This is the *gasp* offending comic here.

Anyways, what I suggest, is that this is not a "orignal" Tick storyline comic and doesn't belong to the Tick set, then ALL Comic book day Tick's should be in their own set or with the other storylines (Karma Tornado, Big Blue Destiny ect.)

Which I am not sure these sets already exist?

Doesn't matter that the first comic book day was a reprint. To make it fair either all or none.

What about Chroma-Tick

That's a colour reprint of all first 12 Edlund issues.

Why not just rename the Tick Collection as Ben Edlund Tick collection and only have issues 1-12 in it?

Where then would you want to put the 13th issue?

Let's get PeasOfCrap and Jumpmaster in here to discuss this

I didn't see the post.

Found you here.

Can you provide a valid argument for wanting it removed? I mean, other than you don't own it?

Simple. It simply has nothing to do with the regular first Tick serie #1 to #12.

And this has nothign to do with the fact that I own it or not I can assure you. (shrug)

Anyways, what I suggest, is that this is not a "orignal" Tick storyline comic and doesn't belong to the Tick set, then ALL Comic book day Tick's should be in their own set or with the other storylines (Karma Tornado, Big Blue Destiny ect.)

Which I am not sure these sets already exist?

No they don't exist, there is only one Tick set. But sure I totally agree with you. We could ask for other Tick set to be made if possible. I simply would like to keep the regular Tick set we got for the original storyline and Ben Edlund. We could even rename it like you suggest also : Ben Edlund Tick collection and only have issues 1-12.

As for adding #13 ??? Maybe, maybe not, Not sure about this one since this is not from Edlund but it follow the story.

OR we can simply add ALL the Tick comics in one set. I don't think there is enough Tick fans out there to make multiple set anyway.

Let's see what the other Think. I also got other Tick comics like this one :

TheTickNewSeriesCGC99.jpg

I don't want to impose anything, this was simply my impression that the actual Tick set we got, was for the Ben Edlund only comics with some reprint. And yes the Chroma Tick could be add to this set if any got graded :)

Erik,

Thank you for the excellent post (thumbs u

I am not sure how to proceed either. I would be in favor of having a Edlund set, but I think issue #13 would have to be included in that set to complete it.

I suppose you are right, there probably aren't enough Tick fans out there with CGC slabs to credit having multiple sets.

I really like that 9.9 :grin:

I think that perhaps we should keep the original set as it is and ask for a new set to include all other Tick issues and rename the current set to the Edlund set.

That way you get to keep your status of having a complete set and I can try to complete the other ;)

lol!!!! You're welcome!

Agree to add the #13 in the actual set (thumbs u

Thanks for my 9.9, hard to found!

All I want is everybody to be happy. If we can make 2 sets that would be great, but if CGC found it to complicated, one for all and all for one :)

You should be the one to ask CGC to change the set. I am not good at those things

I can't even explain how to get a DHP vol 3 into a new set

Does everyone agree on this:

We would like to keep the current set and rename it:

"The Tick : Ben Edlund original set"

and make another Tick set name maybe something like :

"The Tick : General set"

for ALL the others Tick comics out there. There is many and I can make you a list if you want to help you of course. Me and some others Tick fan already got some Tick comics graded by CGC.

Please PM me the list for "The Tick: General Set"

If everyone agrees with this.

Thanks,

Nicole

Sounds good to me. Thanks to everyone who spent time on this.

I don't have that many Tick CGC as of yet, but the one I posted above has no home as of right now, so it should be placed in the new Tick set.

Regards,

James