• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UPDATE: Signed Kirby books on eBay: CONTACTED BY SELLER

2 posts in this topic

Hello

I hope the moderators will forgive me if I've placed this post in the wrong place.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/paulyc707/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Above are several books signed by Kirby and I have every reason to believe they are legitimate. However, the seller has conducted business with me rather unscrupulously and I figured the rest of you should be aware.

I purchased two books from this individual, Thor 168 & 169 both signed by Kirby, outside of eBay. Everything about the transaction went well -- he was very polite and accommodating. The problem arose when the books I arrived and the centerfold for Thor 168 was detached at the top staple. Additional examination leads me to believe there may have been some restoration work, but that is inconclusive. The point being is that none of this had been disclosed previously and the book description was classified as an 8.0 VF.

I contacted the seller by email 3 times about this issue (over the course of 7 days) -- pleasant each time without being accusatory (after all, it could have been an honestly overlooked mistake) and only asking for some kind of compensation. I provided a picture of the flaw, even offering to make a video so there was conclusive proof that the flaw was from the book he sold me. After all, that is only reasonable. At no time has this individual contacted me and it appears my next step is to take it to Paypal.

With that said, for any of you Kirby fans out there, if you do business with this individual, keep it on eBay and be careful!

The seller contacted me yesterday evening. I sent him video evidence that the damage sustained was on the book he sold to me. He apologized, assuring me that the book was intact before he shipped it to me. Understandably, he thought my first attempt to contact was an attempt to renegotiate the deal after the fact, but he was very accommodating once he was able to verify the damage to the book.

Everything was resolved amicably. I can now say that this seller was able to do the right thing. Bid with confidence!