• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What could possibly go wrong, wants to trade ammo for comic books

49 posts in this topic

Have you seen the price of ammo? I used to get a case of 7.62x39 for $80 now it's around $350.... Same with 223.

It's unbelievable, 22LR around here is insane I can shoot the 9 and 40 almost as cheap. I never in my wildest dreams ever thought I would have to hunt for 22shells but if you aren't there when the truck arrives they are gone in minutes :cry:

.22lr prices are pretty insane around my neck of the woods too, but the biggest issue is just finding it in stock. 9mm and .45acp are starting to make it back onto the shelves, but .22lr is still scarce. I can reload for 9mm, .38spl/.357mag, 10mm/40S&W, and .45acp if factory ammo is not available, but completely out of luck when it comes to .22lr and that's what I shoot the most.

Primers are getting in short supply around here. I'm thankful I had a pretty good supply of those. I really wished I had a nice stock of 22LR guys around here get in line purchase all they can ,and take them to the Pawn shop and sell them for a profit

Have you seen the price of ammo? I used to get a case of 7.62x39 for $80 now it's around $350.... Same with 223.

It's unbelievable, 22LR around here is insane I can shoot the 9 and 40 almost as cheap. I never in my wildest dreams ever thought I would have to hunt for 22shells but if you aren't there when the truck arrives they are gone in minutes :cry:

.22lr prices are pretty insane around my neck of the woods too, but the biggest issue is just finding it in stock. 9mm and .45acp are starting to make it back onto the shelves, but .22lr is still scarce. I can reload for 9mm, .38spl/.357mag, 10mm/40S&W, and .45acp if factory ammo is not available, but completely out of luck when it comes to .22lr and that's what I shoot the most.

Primers are getting in short supply around here. I'm thankful I had a pretty good supply of those. I really wished I had a nice stock of 22LR guys around here get in line purchase all they can ,and take them to the Pawn shop and sell them for a profit

You guys are preaching to the choir! I'm having a hard time finding ammo for my disc gun. My local ammo guy only seems to carry the green discs, but they just don't fly as true as the reds. He tells me it's all in my head, but I know my mess when it comes to plastic children's toys.

disc-gun.jpg

You guys are preaching to the choir! I'm having a hard time finding ammo for my disc gun. My local ammo guy only seems to carry the green discs, but they just don't fly as true as the reds. He tells me it's all in my head, but I know my mess when it comes to plastic children's toys.

disc-gun.jpg

:cloud9: Star Trek phasers - we used to have several when I was kid, and my brother and I would have fights in the house....,

Slightly off-topic - anyone see any sales on .22 shorts?

:whistle:

:P

:shrug:

-slym

Who owns or shoots that carp? :shrug:

disc-gun.jpg

I actually had one of those as a kid. It was great little toy. I didn't know they were still around considering how PC the toy market is these days.

disc-gun.jpg

That Gun brings back Good Times :headbang: I loved that gun I killed more aliens and monsters with that thing than you can imagine :D

I know of at least one person that has a gun that shoots 22 Shorts. I'd rather have a person shooting a gun they are comfortable with than one they can't control.

:)

-slym

I know of at least one person that has a gun that shoots 22 Shorts. I'd rather have a person shooting a gun they are comfortable with than one they can't control.

-slym

(thumbs u

I would sell you some 22shorts but I don't have 200 posts yet lol

-slym

You nailed it Slym. A large caliber gun is useless if you can't hit the desired target. I laugh at people who buy the biggest baddest gun but can't hit a barn. That being said, if you are equally effective with different calibers, a .22 short would not be my first choice.

It is a gun they already have and are comfortable shooting. They don't know much about getting ammo and only have one box, and IDK if this is even widely available ammunition.

:eek:

-slym

Last time I was at the Gun shop they had a few boxes it was the only 22's they had so you should have some luck finding them (thumbs u

It is a gun they already have and are comfortable shooting. They don't know much about getting ammo and only have one box, and IDK if this is even widely available ammunition.

:eek:

-slym

Here is the Wiki on it Wiki

Sounds like it would be good for target practice, but that is about it.

I hang out with a bunch of sport hunters and self-defense types, so don't know anyone who owns one.

He's going to regret that trade when the zombies come. At least he can enjoy some "worth wild" comics until then.

Why waste ammo on zombies? They move so slow and the noise just attracts more. A good pellet gun will do the trick. Save your ammo for the hordes of human cockroaches you will eventually have to deal with.

Doesn't seem like a bad deal to me as long as he's offering a good amount for some "worthwhile" comics.

Every time I want to go shoot my S&W .357 magnum, it costs me about $25 for 50 rounds and about $40 for 100 rounds. Very expensive since it only takes about 20-30 minutes to shoot 50 rounds.

Also, I mostly want to put .38 special + P 25 grain through it, but it's almost impossible to find the exact rounds you are looking for anymore. I live in the cowboy capital of the world and it's hard to find ammo. I can't imagine how difficult it is in less gun friendly places.

Also, what's wrong with .22 short? I have a great over/under gun that's .22 short on top and .410 shot on bottom and it's a great gun. I prefer .22 long, but nothing wrong with it.