• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What could possibly go wrong, wants to trade ammo for comic books

49 posts in this topic

Have you seen the price of ammo? I used to get a case of 7.62x39 for $80 now it's around $350.... Same with 223.

It's unbelievable, 22LR around here is insane I can shoot the 9 and 40 almost as cheap. I never in my wildest dreams ever thought I would have to hunt for 22shells but if you aren't there when the truck arrives they are gone in minutes :cry:

Have you seen the price of ammo? I used to get a case of 7.62x39 for $80 now it's around $350.... Same with 223.

Well it's better than it was about a year ago....a case of a 1,000 .223 rounds was up over $900.

I think my ammo collection is now worth more than my comic book collection! :o

I would check this out if I lived close enough - I would love to trade comic sales stock for ammo.

My weight-lifting instructor set up a table at the local gun show last spring, and sold all his .22 bricks for $50 each. He said he had 60 of them extra, and that he'd been collecting them for years back when they were $10 each. He said a few guys bought them because they were going to Reno show the next month, where they supposedly sell for $100.

You can still get bricks around here (actually 100-200 miles distant) if you know which day the ammo trucks come in at the various stores.

It's unbelievable, 22LR around here is insane I can shoot the 9 and 40 almost as cheap. I never in my wildest dreams ever thought I would have to hunt for 22shells but if you aren't there when the truck arrives they are gone in minutes :cry:

.22lr prices are pretty insane around my neck of the woods too, but the biggest issue is just finding it in stock. 9mm and .45acp are starting to make it back onto the shelves, but .22lr is still scarce. I can reload for 9mm, .38spl/.357mag, 10mm/40S&W, and .45acp if factory ammo is not available, but completely out of luck when it comes to .22lr and that's what I shoot the most.