• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Undervalued Bronze keys?

339 posts in this topic

Over the long haul, I'd bet on Marvel Premiere 1 showing more upward activity than Thor 165, as more people start to understand that Warlock first appeared in MP1.

If you're a big fan of Tigra, do you pick up Cat #1 or Giant-Size Creatures #1?

I mean if your as :screwy: OCD as most comic collectors you pick up both. :grin:

That's what I did! :banana:

MP1...Undervalued, yes. 1st appearance of Warlock...nope

Well, I'd love to see the mysterious "mystery book" where WARLOCK made his first appearance.

Or are you one of those people who believe Tigra made her first appearance in Cat 1?

I didn't say anything about the Cat...are you one of those people who believe Ant-Man first appeared in TTA #35?

This argument has been hashed out already. I side with Thor #165 and so does the market.

Well, I'd love to see the mysterious "mystery book" where WARLOCK made his first appearance.

Or are you one of those people who believe Tigra made her first appearance in Cat 1?

I didn't say anything about the Cat...are you one of those people who believe Ant-Man first appeared in TTA #35?

This argument has been hashed out already. I side with Thor #165 and so does the market.

:hi: Ant-Man first appeared in TTA35 and Hank Pym first appeared in TTA27.

Yet Pym still had his "powers" in TTA #27 since he shrunk down to ant size, he just didn't have the costume.

I was being a troll, for the most part. It's a good debate and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Here's a contribution to keep this on track after I began the derail.

I hope someone else hasn't already mentioned this.

Defenders #17 1st Wrecking Crew

How dry does the Marvel movies super villain well have to be before these guys show up in a Thor, Avengers or Defenders related project?

I could see some of the Wrecking Crew guys showing up on the Netflix Tv shows. Doesn't take much special effects to put a man with a crowbar tearing up the place. :grin:

Still I wouldn't pay inflated prices on any of those Marvel TV books, and it's too bad Daredevil seems destined for the second screen instead of another movie shot.

I could see some of the Wrecking Crew guys showing up on the Netflix Tv shows. Doesn't take much special effects to put a man with a crowbar tearing up the place. :grin:

Still I wouldn't pay inflated prices on any of those Marvel TV books, and it's too bad Daredevil seems destined for the second screen instead of another movie shot.

I agree with everything you said. The TV angle puts a cap on the speculation potential. Not a big deal for Defenders 17, an extremely inexpensive book. Shame about Daredevil though.

As it relates to Tigra, to me it is clearly GSC #1. And the "Cat to Tigra" transmogrification is a pretty good analogy to the "Him to Warlock evolution."

Warlock is a totally different character from the caveman, speedo-wearing weirdo from Thor 165, and Warlock has new powers, a new costume, a new personality, new world (Counter Earth), and (as I've said many times) most importantly of all, a new Soul Gem, which is integral to the whole Warlock/Thanos/Infinity Guantlet/Thanos Quest/etc. mythology.

Ask anyone to describe Warlock and he'll be the character that first appeared in Marvel Premiere 1, not the "Me Him, Me Want Woman!" caveman guy wearing a Speedo from Thor 165.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show was on TV over Christmas.

It will be some time before I will be able to look at Thor 165 seriously again.

Derp. Check your facts. New Mutants 18. :P

Derp x 2 - that's Warlock II

Obviously and I cannot believe that people argue this. TTA 27 was a throwaway sci-fi horror book that they later adapted and transformed into Ant-man the superhero.

TTA 27 is an important book, it's just the first app. of Hank Pym.

Here's a contribution to keep this on track after I began the derail.

I hope someone else hasn't already mentioned this.

Defenders #17 1st Wrecking Crew

How dry does the Marvel movies super villain well have to be before these guys show up in a Thor, Avengers or Defenders related project?

The thing that makes these guys sexy is the Loki connection. Marvel has really put a lot of eggs in the Hiddleston basket, because he is awesome. I'm almost positive Loki enchanted the Wrecker's crowbar and gave him his powers. I have to assume that he did the same for the rest of those lame ducks. That makes it an easy transition to either the big or small screen.

The books that I have as buy-holds for right now are books like Defenders 17, 27, 28 GS Creatures 1 DHKF 19 and other books with 1st apps that may get tapped as the well starts to dry.

The thing that makes these guys sexy is the Loki connection. Marvel has really put a lot of eggs in the Hiddleston basket, because he is awesome. I'm almost positive Loki enchanted the Wrecker's crowbar and gave him his powers. I have to assume that he did the same for the rest of those lame ducks.

Nope, Karnilla of the Norns gave the Wrecker his powers and the Wrecker gave the Wrecking Crew its powers, never suspecting that it would split his strength by 1/4.

I've always liked the book, but one major flaw in Defenders 17 is that the Wrecker already existed, and it's just him adding three guys to his posse. Plus, Defenders 17 and 18 bring up the old Hulk 180-181 argument about what constitutes a first app.

144757.jpg.0086f7765738284302670c740fee0e20.jpg

144758.jpg.09ecc7b3ca976f0d25ec0246a0bcc95a.jpg

The thing that makes these guys sexy is the Loki connection. Marvel has really put a lot of eggs in the Hiddleston basket, because he is awesome. I'm almost positive Loki enchanted the Wrecker's crowbar and gave him his powers. I have to assume that he did the same for the rest of those lame ducks.

Nope, Karnilla of the Norns gave the Wrecker his powers and the Wrecker gave the Wrecking Crew its powers, never suspecting that it would split his strength by 1/4.

I've always liked the book, but one major flaw in Defenders 17 is that the Wrecker already existed, and it's just him adding three guys to his posse. Plus, Defenders 17 and 18 bring up the old Hulk 180-181 argument about what constitutes a first app.

Dang it!! Stupid memory.

If I were the boss of Marvel/Disney, I would retcon that and make it Loki. :)

I agree with everything you said. The TV angle puts a cap on the speculation potential. Not a big deal for Defenders 17, an extremely inexpensive book. Shame about Daredevil though.

Definitely a shame about DD.

DC SPECIAL SERIES #21

1st Frank Miller Batman

This one. Super hard to find in grade. not a single 9.8 on census and very low population numbers.

Sorry to say, but all the recent speculator activity is on movie/TV-tie-ins, and that's it.

^^

DC SPECIAL SERIES #21

1st Frank Miller Batman

This one. Super hard to find in grade. not a single 9.8 on census and very low population numbers.

Sorry to say, but all the recent speculator activity is on movie/TV-tie-ins, and that's it.

Which is why this might be a juicey pick. While the market zigs we can zag here. :grin:

DC SPECIAL SERIES #21

1st Frank Miller Batman

Which is why this might be a juicey pick. While the market zigs we can zag here. :grin:

Must blindly follow ... :insane: