• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World LA 2005

37 posts in this topic

I see Wizard World has the LA show listed for March '05. Does anyone know if CGC will be there for onsite grading? Also, will it be at the same place as last year, Long Beach Convention Center? confused-smiley-013.gif
Steve has mentioned that there would most likely be onsite grading but nothing's official as of yet. I believe that it would be held at the same location.

I see Wizard World has the LA show listed for March '05. Does anyone know if CGC will be there for onsite grading? Also, will it be at the same place as last year, Long Beach Convention Center? confused-smiley-013.gif
Steve has mentioned that there would most likely be onsite grading but nothing's official as of yet. I believe that it would be held at the same location.
Steve has said that there may be a chance of on-site grading sometime on the West Coast. Not necessarily Long Beach. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Steve has said that there may be a chance of on-site grading sometime on the West Coast. Not necessarily Long Beach. 893naughty-thumb.gif
I thought he basically said Long Beach. Or what that based on my PMs with plitch? confused-smiley-013.gif

I thought he basically said Long Beach. Or what that based on my PMs with plitch? confused-smiley-013.gif
I really don't think he mentioned LBC directly. Personally I kinda hope they don't do on-site in LB or SD. Although maybe at Wondercon. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I really don't think he mentioned LBC directly. Personally I kinda hope they don't do on-site in LB or SD. Although maybe at Wondercon. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

We are trying to do on-site in L.A. grin.gif

Welcome back Greggy! headbang.gif

I hope CGC does on-site grading at WW LA in Long Beach. The San Diego Comic Con was overcrowded and poorly organized last year (as well as a health and fire hazard for a convention serving almost 100,000 people). Wonder Con although less crowded, would not seem like a feasible convention since it served a lot less people than the WW LA or SD Comic Con conventions this past year, thus not providing as much potential business for CGC. Also Wonder Con did not have as many celebs as the other 2 conventions, therefore decreasing the ability to get Signature Series related comics slabbed.

I myself came back recently from WW Dallas. Although a smaller convention (about the size of Motor City Comic Con and 2 times the size of LA's monthly comic convention), a decent amount of comic celebs for obtaining signatures for Signature Series comics. Only wished they had offered on site grading. If they had, I would have brought a lot more comics for grading.

I have a question regarding on site grading. I have about 30 comics that I would like to have graded, and was wondering if I can submit them in Long Beach at WW. That would save me the anguish of having to send them out if I can just bring them to the show and drop them off. Is there a limit to the amount of comics that you can submit for onsite grading? I realize that I wouldn't get them back the same day...it would just save on having to ship them out.

Are the prices different at the WW or will the standard prices apply?

-Brian

I have a question regarding on site grading. I have about 30 comics that I would like to have graded, and was wondering if I can submit them in Long Beach at WW. That would save me the anguish of having to send them out if I can just bring them to the show and drop them off. Is there a limit to the amount of comics that you can submit for onsite grading? I realize that I wouldn't get them back the same day...it would just save on having to ship them out.

-Brian

This may answer some of your questions.

CGC hasn't yet confirmed whether they will or will not be doing onsite grading at WW LA. If they were, they wouldn't have a problem with your 30 books, but it's always best to submit them first thing Friday or early Saturday morning at the latest.

As for the prices, based on New York, they're a little higher than the thread you've been directed to.

What were the prices for submissions made at the New York show?

I believe $22 for moderns and $75 for standards. The rest, maybe the other forum members can provide.

Wow, thanks for correcting me Mitol. That $2.00 really made a huge impact difference.

foreheadslap.gif

Affected your ability to win that GS Man-Thing 2! poke2.gif

DAMN YOU TROLL!!

hi.gif

Got smoked! tonofbricks.gif

I didn't even try for it actually. I just put in an early bid and let it ride. Let the fools clamor for it. I have a 9.2 already, although that 9.6 would have been nice. cloud9.gif

Wow, thanks for correcting me Mitol. That $2.00 really made a huge impact difference.

Wasn't trying to correct you. Plus, how do you know he was asking about moderns only?

Wasn't trying to correct you. Plus, how do you know he was asking about moderns only?

Doesn't matter, the rest of the prices were the same. You have been listening to Greggy too long. screwy.gif