• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

captain Marvel #48 ...pre-eBay assesment...

8 posts in this topic

hey all...i'm going to be putting the following book on eBay soon and was hoping to get some grading opinions...

The stain on the back cover (that goes through to the back page) is throwing me off...

Thanks in advance... thumbsup2.gif

capmarv48front.jpg

capmarv48back.jpg

Ok...howzabout this...

The stain is enhanced by the scan and yes that is the reason I asked for a grading opinion...but what would you grade the book if the stain wasn't there???...

The reason I ask is that I want to sell the book and am looking for the honest yet best way to advertise the book so that I can get a decent return...

Perhaps I should be asking for some advertising slogans instead of a grade... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Could I perhaps use a qualified grade here???...

Ok...howzabout this...

The stain is enhanced by the scan and yes that is the reason I asked for a grading opinion...but what would you grade the book if the stain wasn't there???...

The reason I ask is that I want to sell the book and am looking for the honest yet best way to advertise the book so that I can get a decent return...

Perhaps I should be asking for some advertising slogans instead of a grade... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't think you could get a qualified grade on this one, but without the stain I think the book is a 6.5 or 6.0.

I think it's an VF 8.0 without the stain. VG to VG+ with the stain. I would describe it as a very nice book with one large defect, provide a good description of any hidden defects and a large scan and leave it at that.

Ok...howzabout this...

I would use the "But for . . ." language with respect to the stain and price it with a VG book opening bid and a FN+ BIN.

This looks like a structurally solid copy of an old, hard-to-find book. Remember, you only need to find one buyer for it. This book should be direct marketed to your clients who buy GA 40's superhero books. I know I'd like to own it, but I wouldn't pay serious coin for it, because I don't collect CM. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif