• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cover Recreations by Me 11x17 - 3 Spots Open - July/Aug 2015 Summer

32 posts in this topic

Hi OA marketplace boardies!

I've done recreations for boardies in the past. Looking over my calendar, I will have room to start up my commission list again. I will note in this thread when I fill up and when again, it opens back up.

** If you and I are already in talks to do a piece, there is no reason to create a new PM. Those pieces are already being planned out and are being accounted for already.

I do know that some boardies prefer original art or commissions over recreations. Save the negative opinions for those threads please. I do these because it allows me to continue building my line and brush work on a larger surface (as opposed to sketch covers) without the pressure to create something new. I believe recreations can be a rewarding addition to any collection. For boardies, I always go above and beyond and I keep my prices low.

Sale Rules/Conditions:

I use the 1/2 up front, 1/2 upon completion payment model.

Payment will be via Money order or PayPal. Take 5% off price if paying via Money Order.

Shipping will be included in the price (U.S. only - I will cover $12 towards international costs.) Shipping will be flat between plenty of protection. Fully insured and I always provide tracking.

To get on the list either send me a PM or post a :takeit: here.

Commission options:

Option A: 11x17 pencil/ink - traditional look of modern OA.

Paper used: Strathmore 200 series comic blue line or 300 series blank.

Price $80.00.

Option B and C are not available due to lack of paper supply at the moment

Option B. 11x17 pencil/ink - same as option A but on Strathmore 400/500 series Vellum

Price $90.00

Option C 12x18 pencil/ink - same as option B but larger

Price $100.00

*** Color can be an option but I will not price this out until we have at least talked about it. Bristol paper this large tends to drink up my copic markers.

I will always sign the front of these w/ my name 'after original artist.' I will also leave something out or modify something to make each piece unique.

Examples of work done for boardies in 2013

(there will be a few more added once I get the scans located and posted.)

Click on each for a larger view

3lIc0Vkm.jpg9yCT8Jwm.jpg1zOorUQm.jpgjZUBphLm.jpgpXrXkYtm.jpg

Here is a photo of the Avengers #1 I did for my brother for Christmas. Art is 12x18 framed - 11x17 actual art size

PfOG2mjm.png0SXDHCEm.png

Thanks for looking and have a great 2014.

:hi: I would like to vouch for and offer a word of praise on the quality of the work put out by Mangbus. He did a Fantastic Four #49 recreation for me (2013) and I totally dig it. It will look great in my comic room someday amongst FF slabs and such. If you get one done, you will love it. (thumbs u

9074574271_f6a21bfee0_c.jpg

:hi: I would like to vouch for and offer a word of praise on the quality of the work put out by Mangbus. He did a Fantastic Four #49 recreation for me (2013) and I totally dig it. It will look great in my comic room someday amongst FF slabs and such. If you get one done, you will love it. (thumbs u

9074574271_f6a21bfee0_c.jpg

(worship)

Thank you for posting Ryan! This was one of my first non sketch covers.

holy cow, amazing work!!

Thank you for the kind words.

Hey Mangbus ,

Sweet work ! I will be at MegaCon this year also . Can you work me a Price For A Recreation of Marvel Battlestar Galactica issue # 2 Cover ? I am new here and have not learned the pic posting as of yet . thanks , critter

man, these are great. if I didn't just have twins i'd grab a spot.

:applause: I am a twin so I know what this is all about!

Justin (worship) thanks for the kind words as well.

Critt-dog, I sent you a PM