• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help me my comic brothers! I am puzzled.

83 posts in this topic

I would love to own it out of pride, joy and investment. I enjoy the book and have every issue so far and this would be my pride and joy. I would trade my WD 1 9.8 for it in a heartbeat.

Sounds like the right rationale for buying. (thumbs u

FWIW, being an ultra-rare Spider-Man book can only help it hold its value, if you need to sell.

Buy it because you want it and don't worry about how much it will be worth down the road. The rarity of the book and the popularity of the character will pretty much keep you close to what you paid. Any "value" you receive will be from knowing that you own(ed) 1 of 10. (thumbs u

Late to the party, but I agree with ^ THIS ^

Just a friendly FYI to the OP before he spends $2K, there have been two sales of a CGC 9.8. The highest of which being about $1000.

There are only 4 on the census. Pretty sure a 9.8 went for 1800.00 on ebay in 2012 and the 9.6 online was 1500.00 . It also seems like some of the cheaper raw sales where the seller not realizing it was supposedly ten copies. $2000.00 is a lot for a modern that's 2 years old either way. Somebody on here would probably know the story about this book. Is it really only ten copies?

Just a friendly FYI to the OP before he spends $2K, there have been two sales of a CGC 9.8. The highest of which being about $1000.

There are only 4 on the census. Pretty sure a 9.8 went for 1800.00 on ebay in 2012 and the 9.6 online was 1500.00 . It also seems like some of the cheaper raw sales where the seller not realizing it was supposedly ten copies. $2000.00 is a lot for a modern that's 2 years old either way. Somebody on here would probably know the story about this book. Is it really only ten copies?

I see that there are only four on the census. I was able to find three sales of CGC'd copies in the book's history. Two in 9.8 and one in 9.6. The 9.6 that sold at Midtown went for $1445 .

There are more then 10...

Marvel is not printing 10 copies of anything. Don't get suckered into it by hypothetical numbers!

Oh it reminds me of the blank Walking Dead Hero cover. So many more copies then what was reported to the public :sorry:

I see that there are only four on the census. I was able to find three sales of CGC'd copies in the book's history. Two in 9.8 and one in 9.6. The 9.6 that sold at Midtown went for $1445 .

+1 good work i could not find 9.6 sale and its not recorded on GPA. Still kinda rare.

SO! I am not sure how I feel about this at all. The seller INCREASED the price on the lot by $1000. I got a ebay msg from him stating that he has been getting flooded with emails about the book and he is increasing the price to feel out the market and his best offer was a 9.0 ASM 14. I should have kept my mouth and thoughts to myself on this one but to raise the price of his lot to $4000 is a FU CKING JOKE.