• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

90s Flash TV Series posted by bagofleas

11 posts in this topic

Remember this?

Who remembers the Flash TV series that ran for one season in 1990 and 1991?

I have a DVD set of the season and it is really neat to revisit it!

I was 17 when this show aired and absolutely loved it. It is dated to some degree by the effects and the clothing and hairstyles and such, but this was probably the very height of live action comic book TV series up until 2000. The only other TV show I would put ahead of it is the Hulk series from the 70s.

This show was a little goofy but the suit was neat and the characters were interesting. It was not grade A acting by any real standard but some of the guest appearances were very memorable.

Denise Crosby, from Star Trek: The Next Generation fame, appeared in an episode. And the ever immortal Mark Hammill appeared in two episodes as the Trickster!

I was just curious if anyone else saw this series or remembers it. I remember being very disappointed that it did not continue for another season.

15106.jpg

See more journals by bagofleas

John Wesley Shipp (hope I spelled it correctly :) I loved this series! Back then I was just thrilled that there was an actual superhero show, not to mention that it was one of my all time favorite DC characters. I wonder if it will appear on Netflix anytime soon, that would be nice.

It may not ever. There are some shows that just won't ever see the light of day beyond DVD releases. And those are now growing into long obsolescence.

I have a number of these shows. It's pretty nice to be able to watch something from childhood that many don't have the chance to relive.

This is one of those shows that while the big companies don't think they can make any money off of by making it available digitally, those of us who would love to have the chance to own them again and view them, simply won't ever have the chance.

This one isn't comic related really, but I have every single episode and movie on DVD from the late 80s and early 90s BBC Sherlock Holmes live series featuring Jeremy Brett and David Burke and Edward Hardwick. I loved these as well, and you don't see them anywhere anymore either except on Ebay.

I would suggest everyone to try and get these, especially the first season starring David Burke. These were filmed to represent exactly how it would have been in Victorian England at the time. Right look, right clothing, right culture. Everything! Very neat!

image_zpsb77f7146.jpg

Great series, watched it all the time. Going back a little further, I also really liked Wonder Woman with Linda Carter, and Man From Atlantis (I used to try and swim like him in the pool...dude was fast!). OK, now I'm dating myself...in the sense that I'm showing my age, not the other thing. :/

sig.jpg

I remember the Flash being cancelled and hearing that it was just too expensive to produce. I too would drop everything if it appeared on Netflix.

I have this DVD set - loved it. I watched this series on TV back then in '90s.

Yes, you're correct. It was actually too expensive to continue produce because of the special speed effects. Remember, that was new method to use for TV series. I've been told that it cost up to $1 million in producing each episode in varies of equipment used. I remembered they did made more than a few special Flash customized suits.

Today, the special effects are more better and less costy to use.

Loved that show - made certain to watch it every week. I was so upset when it cancelled.

And I watched Wonder Woman with Linda Carter, and Man from Atlantis...albeit as a child.

Happy memories...

*sigh*