• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First Scott Lang Appearance?

19 posts in this topic

He doesn't put on the suit until MP 47.

So add this to IH180 & 181, MOS 17 & 18, Hulk 271 & etc. etc.

No, there is no debate it's Avengers 181. It's nothing like those books you listed.

Until someone comes up with a red haired Stark employee in a background somewhere.

A better comparison is Jim Rhodes first appearance in Iron Man #118, then his first appearance much later down the road as War Machine in Iron Man #282.

(shrug)

Avengers 181 was in March 1979 and Marvel Premiere 47 was in April 1979.

For me, Avengers #181 is the more important book. of course, I pretty much always go with the character's first appearance rather than the first time they changed their clothes - I prefer MSH #13 to Ms. Marvel #1, for instance.

But Marvel Premiere #47 isn't the first appearance of Ant-Man. And it's not the first appearance of Scott Lang. It's not the first appearance of anything. It's certainly important to the character, obviously, but for me it takes a back seat to Avengers #181.

Unless someone is a huge fan of Stature.

But Marvel Premiere #47 isn't the first appearance of Ant-Man. And it's not the first appearance of Scott Lang. It's not the first appearance of anything.

Yes it is, it's the First Appearance of Ant-Man II.

It's got a killer cover, it's harder to find in HG, and I probably have 10X more NM copies of Avengers 181 than I do of MP 47, so I'm hardly hyping it for ulterior motives.

Is Scott still dead?

I think he's alive now? If I remember right, he is back, but his daughter died instead. Something to do with time travel. I think this was in the Young Avengers Children's Crusade series.

But he might have died again since, who knows.

He's currently leader of the earth based FF.

lol Freaking Moderns.

Dang Joe, I had that up for like two seconds before you quoted it. lol

I'm in total agreement with you on MP47. Similarly, I also have many more copies of 181 but I rate MP 47 considerably higher for the same reasons you mentioned.

Yes it is, it's the First Appearance of Ant-Man II.

It's got a killer cover, it's harder to find in HG, and I probably have 10X more NM copies of Avengers 181 than I do of MP 47, so I'm hardly hyping it for ulterior motives.

For me, Avengers #181 is the more important book. of course, I pretty much always go with the character's first appearance rather than the first time they changed their clothes - I prefer MSH #13 to Ms. Marvel #1, for instance.

But Marvel Premiere #47 isn't the first appearance of Ant-Man. And it's not the first appearance of Scott Lang. It's not the first appearance of anything. It's certainly important to the character, obviously, but for me it takes a back seat to Avengers #181.

Unless someone is a huge fan of Stature.

:golfclap: