• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SOLD! Action 242 CGC 4.0 | Adventure Comics 210 CGC 3.0 | Iron Man 55 CGC 5.5

25 posts in this topic

First time seller here on the boards. I buy a lot, but rarely let things go.

Nevertheless, giving this a whirl here.

Purchase Parameters (lifted from others'):

1. PayPal only.

2. First unconditional claim posted in the sales thread wins the book. A post in the thread takes precedence over any PM sale that might be agreed to but not yet posted to the sales thread.

3. US buyers only, please.

4. No HOS or probation boardies. I also reserve the right to refuse to sell to anyone for any reason.

5. Time payments are available. PM me if that's a route you'd like to take.

Scans coming, but here's what I'm looking to move:

Action 242 CGC 4.0 - $650 - First Brainiac, First Kandor (tough book, and a nice looking copy for its grade)

Adventure 210 CGC 3.0 - $575 - First Krypto the super dog (another really tough book, and really, really nice for its grade)

Iron Man 55 CGC 5.5 - $290 - First Thanos, First Drax

I bought these all raw and slabbed them myself. No pressing.

Scans on their way....

No worries about the glare. It's almost impossible to take photos of slabs without getting some level of it. I've found through many rounds of trial and error that the only thing that works is taking the photo from a slight angle, which of course doesn't provide for the best of pics.

So it's basically either buy a legal scanner, or once again attempt the impossible. lol

From the pics, how are they so low? Tough to tell from the pics, but they all seem like they should have graded much higher??

What are we not seeing that you can elaborate on from your end... :shrug:

Tough to say, to be honest. Graders got their smoke breaks taken away that day? Anyhow, some thoughts...

The Adventure 210 is on the staples, but I wouldn't say tightly. I thought 4.0 when I sent it in.

The Action 242 is awfully nice for the grade. Tight staples. Beautiful colors (the purple shows every blemish). I really thought 5.0 when I sent it.

They are what they are though.