• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Incredible Hulk values decreasing?? posted by David West

10 posts in this topic

Is CGC decreasing the values of comics this year?!?

I have one of the tope registered sets of Incredible Hulk #102-474 with many silver age classics and I just notice that my registry value was just diminished by over $800 without me selling or dropping books. When I looked at other registered owners, I noticed that they too have almost all lost value in their collected sets, of differing amounts, and suspect that the entire collection has been devalued somehow. If anything, I thought these books would grow in value - such as the 1st App of Rocket Raccoon which has been seriously undervalued by CGC and not reflective of EBay sale prices for the last two years. Just wondered if anyone has a clue or has seen similar reductions to their collections.

See more journals by David West

If you are talking about points it looked like on the 28th you removed or had removed a bunch of comics from that set. It shows under your history and it looks like about 825 points worth.

Apparently there was a glitch recently where some comics wound up being removed from sets.

Just re-enter the issues and it should be fine.

As far as "points = money", if that's the case, I've made a fortune on the CGC comics I've purchased over the years.

For example, I just wish I could get $400 for the Daredevil #181 in 9.8 WP I just purchased online for $66! Or get $1375 for my 9.6 WP copy of Iron Fist #14 that I paid $650 for. Ain't gonna happen.

:tonofbricks:

One of my books was removed on the 28th, I don't know why, but it shows in history what books are removed, and then in edit set the book was available for that slot so I just added it again. Checked some of my other sets and don't see any problems with them.

Apparently there was a glitch recently where some comics wound up being removed from sets.

Just re-enter the issues and it should be fine.

As far as "points = money", if that's the case, I've made a fortune on the CGC comics I've purchased over the years.

For example, I just wish I could get $400 for the Daredevil #181 in 9.8 WP I just purchased online for $66! Or get $1375 for my 9.6 WP copy of Iron Fist #14 that I paid $650 for. Ain't gonna happen.

:tonofbricks:

Thanks! I noticed my comic point values had gone down, but couldn't tell what the problem was. All fixed. :)

As for the point thing...I'm sure Doc was making a funny. :kidaround:

sig.jpg

Seems like it may all be a part of the big glitch that's been taking up threads over in the Registry forum. Apparently, the last time they did a big update it went a little sideways and a lot of existing books got replaced with obscure 50s comics like Crypt of the Vampire or whatever. If you had a 9.8 Incredible Hulk 269 and it got replaced by a miscellaneaous 50s comic in 9.8, you got a big points boost. Then when they repaired it you got a big points correction. A lot of people also lost comics from their registry sets when this happened, but you can add them all back quickly with the "Build Best Set" button.