• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bigger SA Key: Sgt. Fury 1 or Daredevil 1?

Bigger SA Key: Sgt. Fury 1 or Daredevil 1?  

372 members have voted

1. 1. Bigger SA Key: Sgt. Fury 1 or Daredevil 1?

50 posts in this topic

There are 2 DD 9.8's.. 16 9.6's and 25 9.4's.

Sgt Fury #1 has no 9.8's or 9.6's, and only 6 9.4's.

That is a huge disparity.

The census for Sgt. Fury #1 is like a DC key from the 1950s and not a 1960s Marvel. 355 unrestored copies graded in total and nothing above 9.4. There are 1853 total unrestored Daredevil #1s.

If the CGC Census gives us any indication of a book's scarcity then Sgt. Fury 1 is the rarist early SA Marvel 1st issue/appearance key- rarer than Hulk and FF 1. Total census universal copies for Hulk 1 is 673 while FF 1 is 901. Perhaps one reason is due to the fact that war books were tossed around and not as sought after as superhero comics. This is what also makes it a special book and one to have in a SA collection.

If the CGC Census gives us any indication of a book's scarcity then Sgt. Fury 1 is the rarist early SA Marvel 1st issue/appearance key- rarer than Hulk and FF 1. Total census universal copies for Hulk 1 is 673 while FF 1 is 901. Perhaps one reason is due to the fact that war books were tossed around and not as sought after as superhero comics. This is what also makes it a special book and one to have in a SA collection.

Sgt. Fury #1 is comparable to Showcase #4 (197 copies) or Showcase #22 (444 copies) in terms of the census.

I didn't realize the numbers were so low. So in other words, the comparison between DD 1 and Sgt. Fury 1 is the scarcest early SA Marvel Key v. what might be the most common.

I never knew the scarcest early SA Marvel key came out in 1963.

I realized this a long time ago. That is why I do not have a DD #1, and I have two very nice Sgt. Fury #1's.

Sgt. Fury #2 is even tougher I think.

There are 91 Sgt. Fury #2's CGC unrestored. Amazingly, one is a 9.8. I would love to have that book in my collection.

There are 665 Daredevil #2's unrestored.

I only have one Sgt. Fury #2 and it is lower mid grade. Both my #1's are nicer. I have been looking for a higher grade #2.

I have a very nice DD #2 higher grade. Also a 3, 4, 5, etc.

Sgt. Fury #2 is just plain tough, in just about any grade.