• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling on Ebay for the first time in a long time....

4 posts in this topic

- While I was building the listings I didn't see any options to spruce them up with backgrounds and borders and such, nor did it offer me any additional selling options.

- My listings were completely free (pleasant surprise).

- I always prefer to offer a 3 day return policy, but I could only offer 14 days or not at all. I prefer 3 days because to me that's plenty of time for whoever to examine what I shipped or even have it checked out to ensure everything is good. 14 days is a long enough time for the novelty to wear of and have a buyer merely change their mind.

- When I finished the first one it asked for my credit card information. From what I can remember, Ebay has never asked me for that.

- After I gave them my CC info, it told me "Congratulations on your FIRST listing!" I've sold lots of stuff on Ebay.

- And now I see they put a $5000 monthly limit on what I can sell?? I've bought and sold lost of high dollar value items, and with 100% feedback.

Anything I'm missing?

So what happens if you put up an auction and it bids up over the limit?

It will sell but you won't be able to list anymore. Unless you schedule them. If you sell a book for $6000 on Monday at 9pm but scheduled auctions to start at 10pm, they will still get listed.