• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Types of Collectors

97 posts in this topic

The Set Collector - every edition of the same cover ever printed from every country.

It is an obsessive way to appreciate the greatest key covers by Neal Adams etc...

i have or am after every foreign edition of

ASM 1, 129, 316, 323, 328

Action Comics 419

Batman 227, 251, 400, 423

Captain America 100, 241

Detective 575

Superman 1

Superman 76, 233, 300

Green Lantern 76

Swamp Thing 1

Worlds Finest 71

X-Men 1

all Supes/Flash races (over 50 editions)

why action #419?

iconic cover its neal adams. it has been printed in over 20 countries and just last year they used it to promote the new Man of Steel movie...

how can you not love neal adams and supes??????

entertainment-weekly-cover-75-years-superman-01_zps2532729d.jpg

that is a great cover and the original art would really top off your collection.

The original cover to Action #419 would run $75k-$100k if the guy even wanted to sell, which he doesn't.

The Set Collector - every edition of the same cover ever printed from every country.

It is an obsessive way to appreciate the greatest key covers by Neal Adams etc...

i have or am after every foreign edition of

ASM 1, 129, 316, 323, 328

Action Comics 419

Batman 227, 251, 400, 423

Captain America 100, 241

Detective 575

Superman 1

Superman 76, 233, 300

Green Lantern 76

Swamp Thing 1

Worlds Finest 71

X-Men 1

all Supes/Flash races (over 50 editions)

why action #419?

iconic cover its neal adams. it has been printed in over 20 countries and just last year they used it to promote the new Man of Steel movie...

how can you not love neal adams and supes??????

entertainment-weekly-cover-75-years-superman-01_zps2532729d.jpg

that is a great cover and the original art would really top off your collection.

The original cover to Action #419 would run $75k-$100k if the guy even wanted to sell, which he doesn't.

dang hoarders

Who owns the original action 419?

I have seen this cover and I forget the name of the colletor that had it. He also owned the Superman 233 cover too if my memory serves me correct

And the cover to Giant Size X-men #1 and Daredevil 181 and ("insert name of iconic cover here") cover, etc. etc.

I have seen this cover and I forget the name of the colletor that had it. He also owned the Superman 233 cover too if my memory serves me correct

And the cover to Giant Size X-men #1 and Daredevil 181 and ("insert name of iconic cover here") cover, etc. etc.

this makes me want to chew my own face off

Then I shouldn't mention the cover to Iron Man #1 ( the original original), Star Wars #1, Secret Wars #1, lol

Then I shouldn't mention the cover to Iron Man #1 ( the original original), Star Wars #1, Secret Wars #1, lol

yes please don't mention that

Ok I won't.

Ok I won't.

whew

that was close

How about genre specific collectors ?

Bondage covers, WW II covers, Joker covers, etc...

i guess these would be theme sets...like the romantic horror white dress damsel in distress running from monster (house of secrets 88, batman 227)

love to see your group Joker pics...

i guess these would be theme sets...like the romantic horror white dress damsel in distress running from monster (house of secrets 88, batman 227)

Cover-types are some of the most fun to browse, at least on the net.

Here's an example of UFO Covers from Golden Age to now. What's stunning is their gallery shows 33 books per page and close to 40 pages. :o

Anyway, these kinds of sites are as fun to browse as the Gerber volumes imho. It's doubtful someone could ever actually assemble such a collection, and if they could it would take a lifetime. So kudos to the efforts these sites take to share with us all.

tn_WeirdScience02-50-R92.jpgtn_SpaceAdventures04.jpgtn_Atom07.jpgtn_OuterLimits05.jpgtn_ForbiddenWorlds86.jpgtn_DinosaursVSAliens_nn_8-2012.jpg

Cover-types are some of the most fun to browse, at least on the net.

Here's an example of UFO Covers from Golden Age to now. What's stunning is their gallery shows 33 books per page and close to 40 pages. :o

Anyway, these kinds of sites are as fun to browse as the Gerber volumes imho. It's doubtful someone could ever actually assemble such a collection, and if they could it would take a lifetime. So kudos to the efforts these sites take to share with us all.

tn_WeirdScience02-50-R92.jpgtn_SpaceAdventures04.jpgtn_Atom07.jpgtn_OuterLimits05.jpgtn_ForbiddenWorlds86.jpgtn_DinosaursVSAliens_nn_8-2012.jpg

I've got a page something along those line for my foreign editions.

Link :foryou:

I'm a theme set/locksmith collector for mainly stuff no one cares about. For instance, I'm working on all the Spidey Mobile issues in as high a grade as I can afford, and all the Flash Superman race issues as well.

I just started a Batman golden age collection that I'm going to focus on all the wacky vehicle covers I can lay my hands on. I like collecting this way because I learn more about other titles I usually didn't care anything about.

I'm a theme set/locksmith collector for mainly stuff no one cares about. For instance, I'm working on all the Spidey Mobile issues in as high a grade as I can afford, and all the Flash Superman race issues as well.

I just started a Batman golden age collection that I'm going to focus on all the wacky vehicle covers I can lay my hands on. I like collecting this way because I learn more about other titles I usually didn't care anything about.

Superman/Flash race issues you say? your a man after my heart lol

i have been chasing every version for 2 years it never ends

I've got a page something along those line for my foreign editions.

Link :foryou:

Oh yeah, sites like yours make this the best time in the history of ever to be a comic book fan. :cloud9: Thanks for sharing with the world. (thumbs u

Thanks! :) It's always nice to hear from people out there that they appreciate the effort you put forth.