• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine #1...with a gun...

22 posts in this topic

Ok, so I know this thread will soon be lost about 20 pages back, but nonetheless I wanted to see how everyone else felt about this book first.

Long time Wolvie fan, picked it up, read it, and was severely disapponted. It's not just the fact that he has a gun, its the the fact that the writing kinda sucked and this was overall a TERRIBLE "Jump On" issue. Marvel has been heavily advertising all of these silly #1s as jumping on points, but I think this book failed miserably. Confusing, poorly writed, mediocre art, and a plot line that appears ridiculously predictable. WE GET IT, youre going to kill the Wolverine eventually (I predict by a self-inflicted gun wound lol ) and Frankenstein will probably bring him back, yada yada yada, etc, etc, etc.

I know nobody expected much from these new New #1s, but I this was way worse than I expected. Let's hope Loki #1 is better (thumbs u

Thoughts, Logan fans?

rantrant

I kinda liked the Killable arc but haven't looked at this latest relaunch yet. My expectations aren't too high for it anyway.

Favorite character. Didn't buy it today. Finally jumped off after the most recent volume 5 ended, and I wanted to quit before that. We'll see how this volume goes. Maybe I'll pick it up in trades if it starts to get some rave reviews, but I doubt it. Looking like a possible death of Wolverine in September. Bleck.

Disney doesn't want Logan smoking...

But he can kill with a handgun.

Makes perfect sense.

Just hearing the words "Disney" and "Logan" in the same sentence makes me cringe. :eek:

+1

Add Darth Vader to completely bury me.

:sorry: this thread better get better or we are all headed for warm baths and razor blades lol

:jokealert:

Disney doesn't want Logan smoking...

But he can kill with a handgun.

Makes perfect sense.

He's been impaling people with triple blades for years, why would Disney worry about him killing people with a gun when he regularly kills people with blades? ???