• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Re: Best Comic Shop(s) in Chicago for high grade Silver books

10 posts in this topic

I disagree - there are some excellent stores in the Chicago area, but none of them really deal in HG bronze/silver.

The sole exception would probably be the Graham Crackers flagship store in Naperville where Jamie Graham keeps his show inventory.

I unfortunately agree with everyone on the list :(

Though, I concur with mschmidt too - their main store has some....it fluctuates on quantity and more so quality.

But there is Rick with "One Stop Comics," he does have some HG SA/BA if you give him a shout out prior. He had two store locations, pretty sure consolidated to just his Oak Park store now. With all his storage locals, amount of his funny books adds up to a small warehouse. Hence, why contacting him prior with what boxes you want to ponder. In all my dealings with Rick, nothing but great guy.

I can factually tell you any Raw book I have bought from him, he makes sure the grade he wrote back a day ago-to 25+ years matches up upon his final inspection.....and he is very strict grader. So much so, a lot happiness upon getting his books back from CGC.

(My experience is solely Raw HG Four Color/Dell/Gold Key though.

But he has a good amount of Marvel/DC slabs he brings to WWC show. Last year he had a crazap load)

Again he might need notice to gather them out of storage

Here - (make sure all is current upon calling or emailing)

"One Stop Comics

111 S. Ridgeland Ave.

Oak Park, IL 60302-60634 US

(708) 524-2287

Oak Park Location:

MONDAY 12 PM TO 8 PM

TUESDAY Closed

WEDNESDAY 12 PM TO 9 PM

THURSDAY 12 PM TO 8 PM

FRIDAY 12 PM TO 8 PM

SATURDAY 10 AM TO 6 PM

SUNDAY 12 AM TO 5 PM

Email: onestopcomics@sbcglobal.net "

I disagree - there are some excellent stores in the Chicago area, but none of them really deal in HG bronze/silver.

The sole exception would probably be the Graham Crackers flagship store in Naperville where Jamie Graham keeps his show inventory.

I meant in regards to what the tc was looking for.

Some decent shops in Chicago and the suburbs, not enough though.

Yeah I've been to several shops all over from the city to the burbs and remain disappointed. Mostly on the quality. There are a bunch of shops that have a ton of back issues, but the pages are always yellow beyond belief (even some moderns) and priced to high for their grades.

Mightycon in Wheaton is small but worth checking out.

Banner-Feb-2014-DuPage.png