• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED! All sold!

83 posts in this topic

CLOSED EVERYTHING SOLD!!!

Hi all! Standard rules, :takeit: rules, no listers or anyone on ignore. I'm in the UK so shipping will be recorded delivery which is a bit pricey, but worth it! $12 for the first comic and $2 each additional up to a max of $26. I'll eat the diff after that. ;)

My grading skills aren't flawless so if I make a mistake I'll take the book back. You pay the return shipping and I refund the full purchase price (including the postage to you). I'll do my best though! No padded envelopes!

On with the show!

Action Comics #402 (Pence Price Variant) Overstreet 40th edition has an article that calls this one "scarce"...make of that what you will!

Grade: VG. Front cover: Small bit of black (ink?) staining on the spine edge front cover. Spine and staple stress (minor), impact on lower left corner spine side which has blunted the corner. Back cover: 3 creases at the lower left corner of the cover. They don't look to be colour breaking, but I still find it hard to tell...!

PRICE: $5

Action402ppvf_zpsa812a096.jpgAction402ppvr_zps3cadb287.jpg[/url]

Amazing Spider-Man #53 (Pence Price variant).

***EDIT*** SOLD! :news:

Grade: GD- Front cover: Lots of spine/staple stress, creases at both right hand corners, blunted corners, overhang on top cover edge is a bit rough. Back cover: Light corner creases, rough top edge overhang.

PRICE: $10

ASM53ppvf_zps7410ac48.jpg

ASM53ppvr_zpsff832523.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #106 (Pence Price variant).

Grade: FN+. Front cover: Very light spine stress, slight corner wear, minor crease on right hand edge of cover. Back cover: Minor (and I do mean minor!) tanning.

PRICE: $15.

ASM106ppvf_zpse8700c16.jpg

ASM106ppfr_zps15e70158.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #107 (Pence Price variant).

GRADE: VF-. Front cover: One or two bits of minor spine stress, small stain on top right hand corner, small dents/dings on the right hand edge of cover. Back cover: Bottom left corner impact, top right corner bent/folded.

PRICE: $15

ASM107ppvf_zps1eaddc4b.jpg

ASM107ppvr_zpsa009901b.jpg

Captain America #200 (Pence Price variant). The 30-cent version goes $10...but I'll keep dreaming...!

GRADE: GD+. Front cover: Spine stress and minor staple stress, book-length crease near spine - non colour-breaking, frayed corners. Back cover: Accumulation of small folds/creases but none break colour, production-related (I think) indentation across the "Monogram" logo.

PRICE: $5

Cap200ppvf_zpsca791d46.jpg

Cap200ppvr_zpse16730cb.jpg

Crime SuspenStories #25. Contains the "Are You A Red Dupe?" editorial. :)

GRADE: GD-. Front cover: TONS of spine & staple stress, staples are rusty with staining inside (minor), cover barely attatched at top staple and only slightly better at the top, corners rough, edges rough. Back cover: Wrinkles on the left hand edge, dirty, evidence of spine roll.

PRICE: $25.

CSS25f_zps90895d8d.jpg

CSS25r_zps5e441756.jpg

Cynthia Doyle, Nurse In Love (Pence Price variant) I have two copies, but lord knows why...

GRADE(S): GD. I ain't gonna go through these with a fine-toothed comb...I'm honestly not even sure why I scanned them! :D

PRICE (HA!): $1 each.

CDNIL67ppvf_zps88349bb3.jpg

CDNIL67ppvr_zps7f14b32f.jpg

Detective Comics #413 (Pence Price variant) Another one the OPG calls scarce. Woulda been the last 15c issue...if it wasn't 5p.

GRADE: GD+. Front cover: Lots of spine/staple stress, rough edges, crease on bottom right hand corner, blunted corners, creases on the cover at right hand edge. Back cover: More of the same!

PRICE: $5.

TEC413ppvf_zps0bb62101.jpg

TEC413ppvr_zps7f73475e.jpg

Detective Comics #477 (Pence Price variant).

GRADE: VG+. Front cover: Spine & staple stress, rounded/blunted corners, crease at bottom right hand corner, red stain (greasepencil?) on lower right of cover - near the gun. Back cover: Similar to the front.

PRICE: $4

TEC477ppvf_zps40b4fcc7.jpg

TEC477ppvr_zpsc0c01c9c.jpg

Detective Comics #478 (Pence Price variant). 1st app of the 3rd Clayface (Preston Payne). Mebby he'll be in the next movie?!? ;)

GRADE: VG+. Front cover: Minor spine stress, blunted corners, small indentaitions, top right hand corner multiple creases. Back cover: Minor foxing, ink transfer.

TEC478ppvf_zpsb14f2564.jpg

TEC478ppvr_zps14435c80.jpg

Fantastic Four Annual #3. Reed & Sue marriage, reprints from #'s 6 & 11.

GRADE: VG. Front cover: Moderate foxing, edges are rough, top right corner has had a severe impact and is dented, T&P stamp, corner creases. Back cover: Foxing foxing and more foxing, blunted corners, left hand edge corners creased.

PRICE: $30.

FFann3ppvf_zps106b88ea.jpg

FFann3ppvr_zpsa116f393.jpg

The Flash #208 (Pence Price variant). 52pg issue. Another one article in OPG 40 says is scarce.

GRADE: GD-. Front cover: Lots of rough edges, corner creases, blunted corners. Back cover: Top edge rough, top and bottom egdes discoloured, small rip in top right hand edge.

Flash208ppvf_zps2384136c.jpg

Flash208ppvr_zpsde9e9b61.jpg

Journey Into Mystery #80 (Pence Price variant). Anti-commie propaganda story. And who don't love one of them?

GRADE: FR-. Front cover: THRASHED! Lots of spine stress, staple tears and holes in the spine, multiple creases and folds, corners (what corners!) blunted and/or missing, sub crease, store stamp on cover, paper loss on the Comic Code seal. Back cover: Just as bad! H2O damage with staining, "BAS" written in ink on top edge left hand side, corners folded, abraided, spindled and mutilated...post office would not approve...lower right hand corner missing, chunk torn out of spine hanging on for dear life.

PRICE (HA!) $11

JIM80ppvf_zps994ae05c.jpg

JIM80ppvr_zps9f994cfd.jpg

Journey Into Mystery #95 (Pence Price variant). Sinnot art, Thor vs Thor! TWICE as valuable! ;)

GRADE: VG. Front cover: Spine stress, staple pulls, the odd crease, edges a bit rough, crease on corner lower right and top right. Back cover: Crease (non colour-breaking) lower left, overhang on bottom cover rough, a couple of stains; next to coupon and at spine edge near "get free catalog".

PRICE: $30

JIM95ppvf_zps1cd7d65b.jpg

JIM95ppvr_zps46651f92.jpg

Journey Into Mystery #96. (Pence Price variant). Sinnott art.

***EDIT*** :news: SOLD!

GRADE: GD. Front cover: Lots of creases at the lower left corner, spine stress, small tear near Merlin's boot at the left edge, multiple creases on the right hand top corner, crease over Thor's naughty bits. Back cover: Slight discolouration on the lower edge, overhangs rough.

PRICE: $20

JIM96ppvf_zps32a4f97b.jpg

JIM96ppvr_zpse659fcac.jpg

Journey Into Mystery Annual #1 (Pence Price variant). 1st app Hercules! Reprints from JIM #85, 93, 95 & 97.

***EDIT*** :news: SOLD!

GRADE: FN. Front cover: Tanning at the right hand edge, ink price stamp, minor spine stress, tiny rip on top edge above the word "king", cover has some creases on Thor's cape near the spine. Back cover: Spine wavyness (from the glueing of the spine?), upper and lower staple has made mark/holes, lower right corner stain, ink transfer beside "X-Ray vision" ad.

JIMann1f_zps6d6a186e.jpg

JIMann1r_zps3b8c88d1.jpg

Journey Into Mystery Annual #1 (Pence Price variant). 1st app Hercules! Reprints from JIM #85, 93, 95 & 97.

GRADE: FN. Front cover: Tanning at the right hand edge, ink price stamp, minor spine stress, tiny rip on top edge above the word "king", cover has some creases on Thor's cape near the spine. Back cover: Spine wavyness (from the glueing of the spine?), upper and lower staple has made mark/holes, lower right corner stain, ink transfer beside "X-Ray vision" ad.

JIMann1f_zps6d6a186e.jpg

JIMann1r_zps3b8c88d1.jpg

:takeit:

Nurse Betsy Crane #24 (Pence Price variant).

GRADE: GD+. Front cover: Creases on the corners, stains on the cover at right edge near cop's head, corners blunted. Back cover: Yellowing, small tears on the left hand edge.

PRICE: $1

NBC24ppvf_zpse1abe177.jpg

NBC24ppvr_zps5bcec04b.jpg