• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The OFFICIAL Foreign Bronze Thread

195 posts in this topic

Since the bronze Philippine editions have its own thread, I guess I won't be contributing much here. But I'll be dominating that one! Acquired a few recently and taking pics of those require a lot of work!
If you just acquired some more then you can let go of some of the ones you already had. :baiting:lol

If you only knew what titles those are. Can I interest you with some Archies? :grin:

I seem to recall someone posting some old foreign Archies in the original foreign thread. Was it porcupine?

It was most likely porcupine or Liaton-9000.

Here's a couple of things that came in over the last few days...

ASM #102/103 from Spain. There might be a #101 on it's way too. At least that's what I heard.

AmazingSpiderMan102Spain_zps79599321.jpg

One of those those original Spideys from Mexico.

AmazingSpiderMan164Mexico_zps54002ef0.jpg

Iron Man #54/55 from Spain. It took me about 2 years to find any copy of this book. It's rough, loose cover, pages in danger of becoming loose, but it's the only one I've seen.

IronMan55Spain_zpse3c2188f.jpg

Huge props to our very own Gonza_Arana (Manuel) for this one, I owe you for this one. (worship) This brings me to only needing 2 more House of Mystery books to finish the run.

HouseofMystery179Mexico_zps7b6da864.jpg

Green Lantern 76 (1971)

México and Spain editions20140215_121243_zpsf5563721.jpg

Price differences of 1.2 & 1.5 pesos (approx 7 & 9 cents)

20140215_121128_zps96acad1b.jpg

Spain edition has a #7 on cover and Mexico does not

20140215_121121_zps4942e56b.jpg

Indicias notate countries of publishing origin

20140214_210955_zps553269e2.jpg

Group shot

MÉXICO, SPAIN, NETHERLANDS, & GERMANY

20140215_121407_zpse01456a0.jpg

Green Lantern 76 (1971)

México and Spain editions20140215_121243_zpsf5563721.jpg

Price differences of 1.2 & 1.5 pesos (approx 7 & 9 cents)

20140215_121128_zps96acad1b.jpg

Spain edition has a #7 on cover and Mexico does not

20140215_121121_zps4942e56b.jpg

Indicias notate countries of publishing origin

20140214_210955_zps553269e2.jpg

Group shot

MÉXICO, SPAIN, NETHERLANDS, & GERMANY

20140215_121407_zpse01456a0.jpg

Come on now... don't make me put the GL smack down on you. lol

I know you could lol

I wasn't sure if you had the Mexican. Man it is impossible to find a double let alone in better condition.

Soon I will lay some smack down of my own

I haven't managed to dig one up yet, just the one from Spain so far.

This is not a variant , this is the original Heavy Metal .

Metal Hurlant 1 published in France 1975

1800227_210349065839756_1638223088_n.jpg

Beautiful, but… as such it does not belong to this thread…

Seriously, if we start posting BOTH foreign editions and non-US comics it becomes a mess.

Why don’t we open a thread for comics from each and every possible country, but NOT foreign editions, so to each one its own? hm

"Foreign" makes no sense in an absolute value.

It is "foreign" to english speaking people, an original local work to french speaking ones (and in this sense, "foreign" is the Heavy Metal US edition).

The content of this thread should be about foreign edition of US (american) comics, but I think comics from different countries and languages should have a thread in their own right, if there is interest on the english-speaking part. :)

Since Tim forgot to add "edition/reprint" to the thread title, foreign new materials find their way to this thread.

In the "foreign variant" thread in the Comics General forum I showed local fast food chain Jollibee's 2 Avengers comics. One was apt for the thread for it was a reprint of "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" 1. The other comic is 8 pages of new material (12 pages including the covers) "Menace of the Mole Man" so it doesn't fit the category. I'm not putting their pics here because neither belongs here.

Fans might want to see pre-US work of Nestor Redondo (Darna), plus others like Alfredo Alcala (Voltar), Alex Nino and more recently, Gerry Alanguilan and Stephen Segovia. Sadly, I don't have any local comics by the 3 artists earlier mentioned. Gerry is of course currently self-publishing.

Aside from reprinting US comics, National Bookstore also printed their own versions of Classics Illustrated. I have a substantial collection. Other bookstores like Merriam-Webster and GM Miranda also published their own versions of Classics Illustrated. MW's can still be found easily while GMM's are actually rarer than NB's.

My opinion is that anything anyone wants to post here is more than welcome. The foreign threads I started and the one that was already in Copper were created with the intention of giving us a place to post pics of books that aren't welcome by some board members in other threads. ANY book from ANY country is fair game to post here as far as I'm concerned. (thumbs u

Archer is right.

I have tried to explain my point better in the GA foreign thread, Tim. Bronty understood immediately what I meant – while of course it does not harm to post any foreign comic (original work or US foreign edition) here, I think in some of the sections (like GA, SA and BA) a proper foreign comics' productions thread would be worthy. (thumbs u