• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The OFFICIAL Foreign Bronze Thread

195 posts in this topic

Fans might want to see pre-US work of Nestor Redondo (Darna), plus others like Alfredo Alcala (Voltar), Alex Nino and more recently, Gerry Alanguilan and Stephen Segovia. Sadly, I don't have any local comics by the 3 artists earlier mentioned. Gerry is of course currently self-publishing.

Man, I want – I love Alcala, and even more Ernie Chan. :cloud9:

the one that was already in Copper were created with the intention of giving us a place to post pics of books that aren't welcome by some board members in other threads. ANY book from ANY country is fair game to post here as far as I'm concerned. (thumbs u

That's not...precisely...true.

It was the constant spamming by one Hall of Shame member that was the problem.

I doubt that a vast flood of plain ol' US comic books would be welcome in these threads, and rightfully so. Likewise, the occasional foreign edition was easily tolerated by all. But when every thread was "invaded" (pun completely intended ;) ) by multiple foreign editions, that tolerance wore thin, and again, rightfully so.

While "kumbaya" and "let it be" are nice sentiments, there's absolutely nothing wrong with a place for everything, and everything in its place.

Consider: it's just as judgmental to chastise people who WANT organization as it is to exclude certain things because they're "different."

Ya know?

While "kumbaya" and "let it be" are nice sentiments, there's absolutely nothing wrong with a place for everything, and everything in its place.

Consider: it's just as judgmental to chastise people who WANT organization as it is to exclude certain things because they're "different."

That was the intention with my observations, but I think your initial thread may have been misunderstood just by your choice of words, which means the perceived "tone". It’s difficult to communicate on the web, because you just write but it’s a kind of writing which has not the qualities of reflexive writing, which you would have in an article or an essay, and thus has many of the possible defects of writing but not the advantages. But I think the thing was well understood in the end. :)

I am still undecided if I should take some pictures of my italian Superman from 1939 and post them, because that episode (the third) was created in Italy, but I think I will do as these were intended as Superman stories (only disguised because of the complex situation with the fascist regime).

Here's the latest addition to my Superman #261 set.

Superman261SouthAfrica_zps85de4b45.jpg

Tim

do you have the Denmark Saphire issue, Batman 237?

I was going to ask my ftriend to keep an eye out let me know and at least if he sees them we can get prices

9876543125293_large_zps9b82a767.jpg

Nope, don't have that one yet.

Green Lantern 76 (1971)

20140215_121407_zpse01456a0.jpg

I have a weak spot for these books. :cloud9:

Once I have time I will post my Tec 423 set...or some other Foreign bronze...

cool thread, cool thread for sure... :headbang:

Green Lantern 76 (1971)

20140215_121407_zpse01456a0.jpg

I have a weak spot for these books. :cloud9:

Once I have time I will post my Tec 423 set...or some other Foreign bronze...

cool thread, cool thread for sure... :headbang:

Thanks!!! I had help getting these books from some guy in the army i forget his name hm