• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The OFFICIAL Foreign Bronze Thread

195 posts in this topic

I loved that Nova story when i read it as a kid… I had not been buying "Gli Eterni" for a while and so I was behind schedule with the adventures of Nova.

All that happened in that story just blew me away: many of Nova past foes now allied with him, and under the guidance of… the Sphinx?

Not to mention Doctor Sun: only in recent years I learned that Wolfman reintroduced him, and that he was an "historical" enemy of Dracula.

The most intriguing thing is that most of what I got from that story ("Nova" was canceled) came from the Fantastic Four run where Wolfman tied up all the loose ends, the "Champions of Xandar" storyline.

I actually think I may have read Gli Eterni #25 only after reading the conclusion in the FF episodes…

After #25 I did not buy any other issue, (I think I had one with a Machine Man cover, as very likely the #25 I got was from a remaindered collection).

The last two ones, which have the Deathlok covers appreciated by Tim are tough issues, and go for 30-40 Euro – one of the few cases where the italian issues are worth more than the originals. :)

Anyone have a Dead Of Night #11 UK variant? Hunting for one and would like to see a pic to make sure it does exist

i have looked there is no Pence edition that I am aware of

cool book!

Awww that blows! I've seen the Dead Of Night reprint issues with pence covers, so was hoping the lone original story issue would've been made. Scarecrow is one of my favorite characters that for whatever reason Marvel bailed on.

Anyone have a Dead Of Night #11 UK variant? Hunting for one and would like to see a pic to make sure it does exist

cool book!

Awww that blows! I've seen the Dead Of Night reprint issues with pence covers, so was hoping the lone original story issue would've been made. Scarecrow is one of my favorite characters that for whatever reason Marvel bailed on.

yeah its a great cover. I would say 98% it was not pence or other foreign edition but in the foreign world the 2% can be out there

Between all of us hardcore collectors, we are still discovering books we didnt know even existed. Also check with Tim and Liam, they are pretty spot on about what exists.

If I ever see one I will pick it up for you

cool book!

yeah its a great cover. I would say 98% it was not pence or other foreign edition but in the foreign world the 2% can be out there

Between all of us hardcore collectors, we are still discovering books we didnt know even existed. Also check with Tim and Liam, they are pretty spot on about what exists.

I'm about 90% sure that I saw one at one point. I did some searching and haven't been able to pull up a pic for verification but I'd swear there was one on ebay (US) not all that long ago.

I’m a big fan of the original Scarecrow stories as well (I have read them in italian as a kid, they were published as a backup feature on the Fantastic Four: I guess the rationale behind that decision was that the third story is a team-up with the Thing).

Last year I have been in touch via email by chance with Scott Edelman (the original writer) and I thanked him for these and for the Captain Marvel stories, some of which I also read as a kid.

cool book!

Thanx!!! I've seen the Marvel Spotlight #26, his 2nd appearance at least

Fellow Scarecrow fan! :hi:

I dressed up as him for a Halloween party 20 years ago, for real. needless to say, was very excited when they brought him back in the 90s in Dr Strange

Fellow Scarecrow fan! :hi:

I dressed up as him for a Halloween party 20 years ago, for real. needless to say, was very excited when they brought him back in the 90s in Dr Strange

Yes, I recall I was pretty happy as well, and Roy Thomas surely knew how to deal with that, although I must admit I did not like when he started to show entities and beings which were previously only named in Dr. Strange spells, and I eventually dropped it.