• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The OFFICIAL Foreign Silver Age Thread

67 posts in this topic

Oooohhhh....these are fantastic!

Quick request for all foreign guys: if it's possible, could you please list the DATE of publication of each book, if it's not slabbed? That would be awesome. I want to get an idea of how far past initial publication did these run.

Oooohhhh....these are fantastic!

Quick request for all foreign guys: if it's possible, could you please list the DATE of publication of each book, if it's not slabbed? That would be awesome. I want to get an idea of how far past initial publication did these run.

Closest dates that I know between original versus foreign edition is 3 month difference of Superman 76 (1952) and mexican edition Superman 5 Novaro.

Also Hombre Arana came out in Sept 1974 after Amazing Spiderman 129 Feb 1974.

These are the quickest editions may be more maybe Tim Liam or Matt might know better examples. ...

I have offers out throughout all Mexico and South America only one superman 76 edición has ever been found it is one of the rarest foreigns to exist.

OK, I’ll do things properly and re-start with FF#1.

The first italian edition of FF#1 is on an antologic magazine’s supplement (Peanuts cover, but you have the Thing peeking out from the back!) :D

Fantastic Four #1 Italian (first edition)

on Linus Estate - Supplement to Linus #15, June 1966

WKH00wNh.jpg

RFKfHMmh.jpg

This contains the best quality reproduction of this story I have ever seen. All in black and white, but just awesome line art quality (and graphic adaptation in my language):

clickable thumbnails to see the detail…

z3fwluGh.jpg

7UBmlo1l.jpg

One of my favorite panels… :cloud9:

09vMyIMh.jpg

Adventure COmics #327 Mexico Style, wasnt' looking for it, but my LCS for some reason had it. First Appearance of Lone-Wolf from the LOS.

IMG_23951_zpsc291ad74.jpg

Fantastic Four #1 Italian (second edition)

on Devil #4 - June 18, 1970

First comic book edition; published as a backup feature of the italian Daredevil (Silver Surfer was the regular backup feature).

PHolL9wh.jpg

Story starts at page 23. The graphic adaptation differs from the first edition (which was more faithful to the original):

5SUwlRYh.jpg

Fantastic Four #1 Italian (third edition)

Fantastici Quattro #1 - April 6, 1971

After the testing ground on the pages of the italian Daredevil, the FF get their own italian title the following year:

M68V7f5h.jpg

The issue originally came with a poster, and stickers grafted to the centerfold (those pictures are not from my copy):

4DjLJzPh.jpg

I6KV2ogh.jpg

Fantastic Four #1 Italian (fourth edition)

Fantastici Quattro Gigante #1 - March 1978

Given the success of the Marvel titles, the publisher decided to start a series of reprint titles in beautiful magazine format, centered around single characters/titles and reprinting all the stories in chronological order. Fantastici Quattro Gigante hits the newstands in March 1978 alternating the stories from the Fantastic Four and Strange Tales, in the same order they originally appeared in the states.

This is the series where I first read the early FFs, and although I am very affectioned to it I no longer have copies. These are found pictures:

DsWq3gdh.jpg

Issue 1 came with beautiful stickers:

ifrr0zhh.jpg

That very same year, a beautiful bound volume in full color collecting selected classic Lee/Kirby stories came out as a treat to italian kids: I am pretty sure got it around Christmas of 1978.

I was totally stoked – I did not have the occasion to see the reprint Fantastici Quattro Gigante yet, and it was the first time I had read earlier stories like FF #30, #36 and Annual #6… :cloud9:

I still have my OO copy, but not scanned – here’s an image found on the web:

vTMLHVvh.jpg

W6cU4Xrh.jpg

Inside pages (man, how much I loved that double splash! :D ):

o5yAcyXh.jpg

IdTRb6yh.jpg

As far as I know, the following edition in comic book format (not counting hardbound volumes reprints like the italian Masterworks) is this one.

This is the first time the original cover is used, but… ugly colors (I don’t have this one). :P

Fantastic Four #1 Italian (fifth edition)

Fantastici Quattro Classic #1 - August 1996

NQ0SXX5.jpg

Fantastic Four #1 Italian (sixth edition)

Fantastic Four #1 (Corriere della Sera) - 2007

And finally FF#1 had a proper italian edition like it deserved, with the original cover, but they left the logo title in english… it would have been great if they used the italian logo (all logos were neatly drawn. BTW).

This came out with the italian newspaper "Il Corriere della Sera".

FPI2x0gh.jpg

The interiors, however, were adapted in a pretty nice way, recovering the original splash page lettering following the style of the english one.

The lettering is typeset (not done by hand) but quite nice…

ha2E6Foh.jpg