• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED Thanks everyone

93 posts in this topic

Bats 234, VF+/-NM white pages. I have to give this one a VF+/-NM, on the outside it is nearly flawless, sharp corners, 3 small crease on the front cover, nice white back cover with some minor fraying along the bottom edge, a binding tear on the top left corner front cover. But the lower left corner of the interior pages is missing starting on page 2 of the Robin story and continuing to page 14. It appears they started as a production flaw and flaked away over the last 40 years. $350 SOLD

20140208_202236_zps129f245d.jpg

20140208_202253_zps1f7b9c60.jpg

I cool with whatever decision but there was only one book available.

This. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what book he was taking, since there's only one available.

If it were me, I would sell to Nik and remind everyone to be more clear in their post about which book they're taking.

Andy 2c

This. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what book he was taking, since there's only one available.

If it were me, I would sell to Nik and remind everyone to be more clear in their post about which book they're taking.

Andy 2c

Andy, the only problem I saw with that (and why I thought it was interesting) is that there were other batmans in the thread -- and nothing is marked sold yet.

The rules are pretty clear when there's intensity in going for the books.

The flip side is this, obviously if no one else had bid, Nikel would be bound to buying the bat 227 most likely I think, which would indicate intent. Regardless, the rules are fairly clear to the contrary.

Andy 2c

Andy, thanks for that. It's no big deal though on my part. I don't want to make Dave's thread hectic.

So this is interesting. It seems Mxwell Smart would win, as he actually is the one who properly cited the book, but obviously nikelspot was first.

Rules say to specify the book. :baiting:

I tend to agree with DavidtheDavid here. Lots of competition for the Adams Bats, and no surprise it brings out the quick trigger… but… pretty clear, it should be smart who wins.

Nik posted that he will take the Bats. Smart posted that he will take the 227. Neither of them said Bats 227. Nik was specific enough as there was just one Batman available. Smart was specific enough as there was just one issue numbered 227. Nik was first. Nik (should) get the book. (shrug)

Anyway, great books and congrats on the sale, DD. (thumbs u

So this is interesting. It seems Mxwell Smart would win, as he actually is the one who properly cited the book, but obviously nikelspot was first.

Rules say to specify the book. :baiting:

I tend to agree with DavidtheDavid here. Lots of competition for the Adams Bats, and no surprise it brings out the quick trigger… but… pretty clear, it should be smart who wins.

Nik posted that he will take the Bats. Smart posted that he will take the 227. Neither of them said Bats 227. Nik was specific enough as there was just one Batman available. Smart was specific enough as there was just one issue numbered 227. Nik was first. Nik (should) get the book. (shrug)

Anyway, great books and congrats on the sale, DD. (thumbs u

:grin: I'm open to a vote lol

Andy 2c

Andy, the only problem I saw with that (and why I thought it was interesting) is that there were other batmans in the thread -- and nothing is marked sold yet.

The rules are pretty clear when there's intensity in going for the books.

The flip side is this, obviously if no one else had bid, Nikel would be bound to buying the bat 227 most likely I think, which would indicate intent. Regardless, the rules are fairly clear to the contrary.

Cool beans. Carry on. :)

OK, a break from the Bats, we'll go with Brave and the Bold 54. Calling this a VF, might go as high as a 8.0 if you squish it. Nice corners that display some rounding, light creasing present on the cover, 3 horizontal creases that do not break color on the front cover descending right to left, these do not transfer to the first page of the book. Light non color breaking crease above the Superman D/C circle, light creasing along the spine, a very very small black dot on the far left side of the book, it's not pen and does not perforate the cover. The back cover has some staining towards the bottom, it's not foxing or grease, could be dust. This copy looks like it was dropped on it's corner a long time ago, 3 color breaking creases that transfer to the back of the book. $210 SOLD

20140208_201408_zpsa48c2bcd.jpg

20140208_201424_zpsefbd50e2.jpg