• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1983 Marvel The Thing #6 posted by SeamuSee

6 posts in this topic

Questions that needs answers!!!

Hi everyone, I am a new member on the CGC forum and I have a question to ask those who could tell me some answers. I recently purchase this 1983 comic book The Thing #6 and I notice something different about the price on the cover page.

On my comic book cover the price stated is 75cents. I searched online and everywhere and on all the other copies of Marvels 1983 The Thing #6 has 60 cents printed on the front cover not 75 cents.

So is my copy a misprint because of the 75 cents instead of 60 cents? Or is just a normal comic book?

Thanks for reading, please reply!:)

15136.jpg

See more journals by SeamuSee

I checked the CGC registry set for Thing and looked on comicspriceguide.com but do not see any variants listed. Could be this is a price variant and the $0.75 version just hasn't been documented yet (most likely) or maybe this is a misprint. Either way, there's not enough interest in the title to drive demand for something like this...still, cool to see something different. Thanks for sharing!

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

This is most likely a Canadian newsstand version. There are certain collectors who like to find high-grade Canadian price version, and to them it will probably not matter if it is CGC graded or not. From the spine stresses visible in the scan, I would say it would probably not resell for more than the cost of the grading. An unusual comic (unless you're in Canada), but not a highly priced one.