• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-Man (1990 Vol. 2) issues 1-14,16... still worthpicking up?

13 posts in this topic

I can still get these McFarlane covers in the dollar bins at my LCS.

I see them in nice NM or better shape, bagged and boarded.

Given the rule of 25, but applying the fact that they were massively produced,

do they have any short term or long-term potential to justify buying?

They are worth picking up for a dollar a piece if they are in 9.4+ condition.

However, really only issue 1 has any value, and that is only if it is graded CGC 9.8 or higher.

Issue 13 (cover swipe from #1) seems to be doing well lately on eBAY in high grade.

:gossip:

Bought my 9.8 green, silver and golds last year all for less than the cost of actually sending my own floppy copies over for grading.

The supply is going to heavily outweigh demand for a long time...

...Unless we are talking Gold UPCs or platinums.

I bought mine fully expecting to never sell them for any profit. I just consider them important books and worthy of any copper collection.

Bought my 9.8 green, silver and golds last year all for less than the cost of actually sending my own floppy copies over for grading.

The supply is going to heavily outweigh demand for a long time...

...Unless we are talking Gold UPCs or platinums.

I bought mine fully expecting to never sell them for any profit. I just consider them important books and worthy of any copper collection.

^^

Agreed that they are PC-worthy.

And with the plentiful supply there's good reason to grab 'em if you don't

already own them.

But I did pick up three pristine Spider-man #13 just in case since a few sold north of

$50 in CGC 9.8, one selling for over $80 IIRC. Has to be far less of these than Spider-man #1 Green/Silver.

Worth picking up just for the covers IMO-though I still have fond memories of the Torment arc as I was a young-en when they were dropping. I have all of them in dupes I believe, just none CGC'd yet.

I now have five #13s that I've acquired for $1 each and I grab every one I see that's NM or better. This issue could ultimately be the prize of the McFarlane spidey 1990 series, other than #1 platinum and gold.

I would like to know the print run on it. Gotta be a lot less of these hanging around than all those #1 books.