• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any facilitators for PLANET COMICON - Kansas City (March 14th-16, 2014)

15 posts in this topic

Seems like dscott can't do the show due to personal reasons.

There's a great line up of creators and media guests attending the show and I was wondering if any facilitators would be going to this show. Comic guests include:

- Neal Adams

- Jason Aaron

- Terry Beatty

- Darwyn Cooke

- James Robinson

- Tony Harris

- Tim Sale

- Scott Snyder

- Phil Hester

- Ande Parks

More at: https://planetcomicon.wordpress.com/creator-guests-2014/

Media stars include:

- William Shatner

- LeVarr Burton

- Jonathan Frakes

- Michael Dorn

- Gates McFaddon

- Margott Kidder

- Lee Majors

More at: https://planetcomicon.wordpress.com/media-guests-2014/

A phone call has already been made and there will be someone there to take my place. I am sure we will have some names and contact info out by the end of the week for people.

Dont worry CGC will have a presence at the show. We are all making calls right now to make sure of that.

Hi new here, ill be going to planet comicon. I've never gotten anything cgc'd and I was hoping to get a few done while I was there one was going to be a sketch cover. how would I go about doing this and what would be the price of submissions could anyone help out here?

Brian - check your PMs :)

Cminear - I recommend just stopping by the CGC booth @ the start out the show. They will be happy to answer all your questions. I'd budget around $60 to cover the grading fees and return shipping. Since you are getting a sketch cover done, you can do the following, drop the blank off with the artist of your choice and let them know you intended to submit it for CGC SS.

When the artist is nearly finished completing the sketch, walk over to the CGC booth and asked them to provide you with a witness. Walk back to the artists table w/ the CGC witness and pick up the sketch. Finally walk back to the CGC booth with the CGC witness and fill out the required paperwork.

While it does sound complicated, but the guys @ the CGC booth are pros and will walk you through the entire process. :)

I've gone to planet comicon in the past and have had Skottie young sign stuff can i bring a cgc person go with me to young and verify that that is his signature?

No, the signature has to be witnessed as it happens. Verification, even by the signer, isn't enough.

Sorry.