• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why do some people say the PGX case is better than CGC's?

23 posts in this topic

I've heard this mentioned numerous times, that PGX's case is better than CGC's. Does anyone know how it is better?

Is it personal preference? Does it protect better? Are they talking about the inner well or the outer case?

Any thoughts?

Both, I do like the simpler outter shell design, not a post pin wobbly as

the newer CGC cases. The inner well is a straight forward sonic / heat seal.

Nothing fancy, just works well together.

I just bought a Vault book. I'll let you know how the case is when (if) it arrives. :)

you should do some of those Amazing Discoveries tests on it. Hit it with a sledgehammer, set it on fire, etc. You need to put on a red bow-tie and British accent while you do it too.

Both, I do like the simpler outter shell design, not a post pin wobbly as

the newer CGC cases. The inner well is a straight forward sonic / heat seal.

Nothing fancy, just works well together.

I have to agree. This is one of my few remaining PGX books I have not cracked and submitted to CGC, or sold off. And this book is so gorgeous, I definitely am okay what it is in right now.

jK9w0o3l.jpg

0XqBCG1l.jpg

The case comes across as made of a sturdier material (no bowing like you get with the thicker CGC cases), the book corners are not pinned in like you have with some of the inner wells, and it seems to present quite nicely.

I also like the grade date on the PGX label, though for those buying PGX I am not sure how much you can trust this information now.

There is another aspect that I like more about PGX than CGC that hasn't been mentioned. The label on a PGX book is sealed in the inner well along with the book (though separated in a holder part) That means in order to take out the label, you have to crack the inner well as well. Sharon from DWC showed me how easy in some cases it is to slip out a label without cracking the case on a CGC book. Something I wish CGC adopted.