• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strange result fom an auction

7 posts in this topic

I was bidding on two ASM 14s tonite in the MCS auction. One was a CGC 7.5 OW-W and it ended up going for $1035, and I was hi bid.

The other was a raw book MCS gave a VG/F 5.0 grade with no mention of PQ.

I was outbid at $578 or so , and it ended up going for $910.

The 7.5 was just about at GPA, but the price for the raw book was crazy, if you ask me.

Anyone have any insight?

You got a good deal on the 7.5...... maybe it was just your turn. As for the 5.0.... two bidders, one with a high "snipe proof" max bid and the other with an undefeatable snipe bid collided in mid air.... to the benefit of MCS.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I was bidding on two ASM 14s tonite in the MCS auction. One was a CGC 7.5 OW-W and it ended up going for $1035, and I was hi bid.

The other was a raw book MCS gave a VG/F 5.0 grade with no mention of PQ.

I was outbid at $578 or so , and it ended up going for $910.

The 7.5 was just about at GPA, but the price for the raw book was crazy, if you ask me.

Anyone have any insight?

Had I not been stuck at work and in transit last night, I would have probably outbid you on the 7.5. You got a VERY good deal. ASM 14's are taking a spike again. The raw copy? I don't know.

I don't think that MCS is on the top of people's brains when it comes to auctions yet in the same way that CLink, Heritage and Comic Connect auctions are. I actually forgot about it.

The CLink auction is on my mind but I honestly wasn't even thinking of the MCS auction.