• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best $1 bin finds

288 posts in this topic

I understand the appeal of buying a huge stack of 25-30 year old comics for that little (I did exactly that when my LCS put out like 5-10 copies of each of all the Byrne Hulks in really nice shape, for example and I bought them all...) and I guess that's a lot of stuff but i really wonder if any of them will ever go anywhere. There is demand for Indiana Jones, but generally the later, harder to find, issues or as a complete set. So you have the starters for 45 sets....good luck finding 45 sets of the last 5-8 issues of the series....

Actually the IJ #1s sell routinely on eBay for about $10 - check out the sold listings. :whistle:

The GIJ 26/27 combo sells very well also, usually at about $10-15 for the pair, regardless of printing (and some sellers are now pimping the 2nd printings as "rare"). lol

wow, I see the #1 and 27 all the time in dollar boxes. the 26 second print i haven't seen much of.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=indiana+jones+1&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

where are all these $10 sales of IJ 1? I see 1 -20 selling for $7.50. A canadian newstand sold for $1.99. Many other $1-$3 type sales. I see two totally inexplicable $10ish BINs in a vast sea of sales that make it look like it is a $1-$3 book.

the 26 and 27 sales are all over the place, but high enough that it looks like you did well on those regardless

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=indiana+jones+1&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

where are all these $10 sales of IJ 1? I see 1 -20 selling for $7.50. A canadian newstand sold for $1.99. Many other $1-$3 type sales. I see two totally inexplicable $10ish BINs in a vast sea of sales that make it look like it is a $1-$3 book.

the 26 and 27 sales are all over the place, but high enough that it looks like you did well on those regardless

Yeah, you're probably right . . . :insane: Although I don't know about "vast sea" of sales. lol

With that said, I buy the IJ 1 out of a dollar box all day when I see one in nice shape even if it isn't currently worth much more than that on the interwebs...dunno about 45 copies though. To the extent I have been buying that series I have been shooting for issues in the 20s and 30s. one day i'll put together a complete set. sets of all the IJ stuff seem to do decently.

A former boardie and local found a 1st print TMNT #1 in about 8.0 for $1.

I can believe it because I found some pretty damn nice stuff in the same collection (NM 98 in 9.8, nearly the entire Miracleman run, Grendel #1 thru 3, etc).

Patrick