• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM:Captain america #3- to marry or not to marry

11 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I have a cap america #3 book I am going to be sending in for signing by stan lee and then graded and slabbed. Just wanted everyone's opinion on this.

I have 2 pages (pics below) that look possibly married but I can't tell.

I want an unrestored label ( like most of us do) so should I send it in and hope it will be okay?

Or is it better for me to send it in and get a .5 incomplete? It doesn't effect the stan lee story which by the way is awesome!

Thanks!

144919.jpg.0a26e17a6808da354d55728ebd0c045f.jpg

144920.jpg.2f76fb8a9b6c71b0f706cc2a562888fb.jpg

That right page was obviously trimmed. Trimming = purple label.

I am in the exact same boat as you, but about a month ahead of you. My cap 3 has a centerfold taken from a reprint volume. I am having mine signed through desert wind (it has already been signed, actually), and they recommended that I pay the extra $10 to have it go through CCS first before going to CGC to check for restoration and remove anything that would get a purple label. It's up to you whether you'd rather have the 0.5 or the purple label. If my centerfold were NOT from a reprint volume, but trimmed, I'd rather keep it as-is and get the purple label. But, since my centerfold is from a reprint volume, I feel the opposite - leave it in, unless it will garner a purple label; otherwise, take it out.

BTW, is this the jerry robinson copy?

Hey all,

I have a cap america #3 book I am going to be sending in for signing by stan lee and then graded and slabbed. Just wanted everyone's opinion on this.

I have 2 pages (pics below) that look possibly married but I can't tell.

I want an unrestored label ( like most of us do) so should I send it in and hope it will be okay?

Or is it better for me to send it in and get a .5 incomplete? It doesn't effect the stan lee story which by the way is awesome!

Thanks!

Probably not married, but someone decided to trim off the brittle edges of one page. Looks like they went way overboard.

I don't really understand the preference for an 0.5 over a purple label, but I guess on a sig series people prefer not to have the purple stripe. Since a signed book is much less likely to be cracked, there also shouldn't be much concern over whether it's incomplete if it's already a very low grade copy.

The book is the book

I think you'd be doing a disservice to make it incomplete. :sumo:

Complete is always better than incomplete and married pages makes green label.

Trimmed on one page is the kicked, but I would think you'd have a wider audience for a complete copy

In your case, I'd consider having it completely restored by ze man and the get the beauty signed. From a signed classic rag to a beautifully presented restored copy.

Have the loose pages floated and resized so they fit, have the cover restored fully...go for it. It's a classic book that will always have buyers.

In your case, I'd consider having it completely restored by ze man and then get the beauty signed. From a signed classic rag to a beautifully presented restored copy.

Have the loose pages floated and resized so they fit, have the cover restored fully...go for it. It's a classic book that will always have buyers.

Agreed. :sumo: To both posts. :)

Wow lots of feed back.

Thanks everyone. And yes this is the jerry robinson copy.

I think I have to agree with comicdey that I should full restore it and get it signed.

Who is the person you mentioned to get it restored from?

Thanks again!

Rick

In your case, I'd consider having it completely restored by ze man and the get the beauty signed. From a signed classic rag to a beautifully presented restored copy.

Who is ze man?

Thanks..