• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tell me who you are...

9 posts in this topic

I'm new on collecting and want to have the Avengers complete run. after spending 250$ for #1 I now understand that I'll have to pay much more for the other first 100 issues.

Then I saw on Ebay some pieces sold ten times more and people buying them.

My question is: what kind of job does the typical collector have to spend so much money on comics?

Thank you

just FYI, there are some wealthy collectors, and other collectors who are basically putting all their free cash into comics. it's not always a question of whether you have the funds available through cash and credit, but sometimes whether it's practical and logical to put all of your money into comics.

many just have professional careers and have a lot of disposable income to spend on comics.

I'm a Civil Engineer. I mostly design storm sewer systems for reconstructed highways.

Post that on the thread Rob_React linked to and you'll move it to the current threads. It's a good one, worth keeping alive. Maybe Arch should make it permanent? When I was a total newbie it was a great thread to read to find out a bit about the humans behind all these posts.

My father-in-law syas I'm retired (maybe retarted I'm not sure 27_laughing.gif) but I just come out and say it...I'm a bum 893whatthe.gif

I read it some where and I'm sure it's true. The average comic collector is people in there 30's who has come into more fruitful jobs. This allows them to buy the comics they wanted as a kid but couldn't aford until after college was payed for. I would say this is the case for me but don't look for me to drop 5k - 100k on some comic tongue.gif

As long as you love comics, you're no bum!!

The great thing about these boards is that there are all sorts of collectors, young and old, rich and poor, some love new superhero, other like pre-code horror, but they all have in common their love of the hobby.

That and we're all suffering from some level of compulsive disorder.....

headbang.gifyay.gif

PS: I've never spent $5k on a comic either.