• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most Overlooked CGC Grades

4 posts in this topic

7.5 - Most of the good deals I get are on 7.5 books. Collectors in general seem to draw the line on 8.0 books and frown upon anything lower. Most key SA and GA books in 8.0 seem to sell at guide or slightly above, while the 7.5 book usually sells for less. I would much rather pay 75-80% of guide for a 7.5 book than 110% guide for an 8.0.

9.2 - This one is obvious since tha large multiples start at 9.4. I have many early SA books in this grade that I purchased at guide or 1.2 x guide value. Why pay 2 or 3 x guide for a 9.4, when you can spend much less on a slightly inferior book.

6.5 - Most of my GA collection is in this grade. I can usually get these books at the 6.0 guide value. Again, collectors seem to draw the line at the 7.0 mark for GA books (and early SA), and avoid buying anything with a 6 in it. Most of my 6.5 GA books have great eye appeal, and are a notch below the 7.0 books. A lot of times, the 6.5 grade is the 2nd or 3rd highest CGC grade (especially for Wonder Woman or Sensation Comics) for these books.

Are there other CGC grades that don't usually sell at guide value? Just wondering.

7.5 - Most of the good deals I get are on 7.5 books. Collectors in general seem to draw the line on 8.0 books and frown upon anything lower. Most key SA and GA books in 8.0 seem to sell at guide or slightly above, while the 7.5 book usually sells for less. I would much rather pay 75-80% of guide for a 7.5 book than 110% guide for an 8.0.

9.2 - This one is obvious since tha large multiples start at 9.4. I have many early SA books in this grade that I purchased at guide or 1.2 x guide value. Why pay 2 or 3 x guide for a 9.4, when you can spend much less on a slightly inferior book.

6.5 - Most of my GA collection is in this grade. I can usually get these books at the 6.0 guide value. Again, collectors seem to draw the line at the 7.0 mark for GA books (and early SA), and avoid buying anything with a 6 in it. Most of my 6.5 GA books have great eye appeal, and are a notch below the 7.0 books. A lot of times, the 6.5 grade is the 2nd or 3rd highest CGC grade (especially for Wonder Woman or Sensation Comics) for these books.

Are there other CGC grades that don't usually sell at guide value? Just wondering.

Any Bronze Age book less than 9.4, except for mega-keys.