• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A sloppy looking CGC VF/NM?

48 posts in this topic

Why don't you ask our very own Nikos61, the owner/seller of this book?

Granted, the BLC FC has some wear, and the spine stresses are especially apparent against the background, but it doesn't look too far off the mark IMO.

well, I'd better be glad that I'm not a grader.

I thought that the flaking in combonation with the spine wear

would make it at least a 8.0 or less.

I only own about 30 CGC'd books and most of them are above this grade.

If this is the case then I need to send in a whole raw run because I'm sitting on a gold mine!

I would call this condition 7.5/8.0 IMHO!

Maybe it is better that I'm not a CGC grader or all would be pizzed! 27_laughing.gif

Four color-breaking transverse stress marks on the spine? I've seen as many as 8 to 10 on CGC 9.0 books many times.

I can see how the chipping on the right edge would be controversial to some, but this is definitely consistent with the 9.0 grades I've seen CGC give in the past. It's rather minor on this book; the extent of all the defects is rather minor.

Four color-breaking transverse stress marks on the spine? I've seen as many as 8 to 10 on CGC 9.0 books many times.

I can see how the chipping on the right edge would be controversial to some, but this is definitely consistent with the 9.0 grades I've seen CGC give in the past. It's rather minor on this book; the extent of all the defects is rather minor.

Oh well, I guess I've gotten lucky with the few 9.0's that I have.

None of them look this worn.

Oh well, sue me. tongue.gif

In all honesty, I have a CGC ASM 129 that I don't feel is a 8.5 because of deep

ID spray markings.

But I bought it because I got a good deal on it at a show.

Normally spray markings and chipping books are lower to me.

I'm not a big fan of writting/stamps on books either, even if it is a date writing/stamp.

I guess I'm just a stickler dudes, what can I say.

ID spray markings.

I'm not a big fan of writting/stamps on books either, even if it is a date writing/stamp.

We all have our quirks, that's part of what makes us collectors. I hate any kind of ink on the FC - can't see a book getting a high grade with a name written on it - no matter what. 893whatthe.gif

Date stamps on the other hand don't bother me at all. Some people can't handle chipping. I can live with a clean 2" crease on some books. It's all very personal. sumo.gif

One man's trash . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Time to update that avatar Jimbo! hi.gif

sumo.gifYou liked my wife's cookies when you came to my house for dinner! stooges.gif

I'll switch back to my old FF animated gif when I get home tonight. hi.gif

You can use this one (attached) as long as your wife doesn't look over your posts! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

638729-painted-supergirl.jpg.205a73522f4b1719b327986257c59981.jpg

sumo.gifYou liked my wife's cookies when you came to my house for dinner! stooges.gif

You can use this one (attached) as long as your wife doesn't look over your posts! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

27_laughing.gif I'll pass, thanks! flowerred.gif

:downloads to hard drive for future "personal" use:

27_laughing.gif I'll pass, thanks! flowerred.gif

:downloads to hard drive for future "personal" use:

Check your email. You too, divad. devil.gif

ID spray markings.

We all have our quirks, that's part of what makes us collectors. I hate any kind of ink on the FC - can't see a book getting a high grade with a name written on it - no matter what. 893whatthe.gif

Date stamps on the other hand don't bother me at all. Some people can't handle chipping. I can live with a clean 2" crease on some books. It's all very personal. sumo.gif

Yeah, it really all boils down to different strokes for different folks. My pet peeves tend to vary a bit depending on the grade of the book. I'm not a huge QP fanatic when it comes to mis-wraps, but mis-cut books drive me crazy. Also, I HATE RUSTY STAPLES!!!!!

ID spray markings.

Yeah, it really all boils down to different strokes for different folks. My pet peeves tend to vary a bit depending on the grade of the book. I'm not a huge QP fanatic when it comes to mis-wraps, but mis-cut books drive me crazy. Also, I HATE RUSTY STAPLES!!!!!

Now that is one thing that don't bother me, believe it or not...

I got a X-men 95 9.2 with the funkiest cut ever.

But then again, a butthole is like an opinion...

ID spray markings.

How about this, if you don't think its a 9.0, um dont buy it 893whatthe.gif I mean that is only CGC's opinion based on their criteria, don't let the label take your own opinion out of the process. Even more to the point it could be a 9.0 with defects that don't appeal to you verses a 9.0 that might have defects that are OK with you. In the 9.0 range in the SA (CGC does grade on a curve) books can have a wide range of varying defects - but one that still appeals to you thumbsup2.gif

Just to illustrate the point, the book Norin put up had cream to o/w, while the 9.0 had o/w to white. Hey maybe CGC does grade the entire book and not the cover, would ya look at that. stooges.gif