• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just received my first Restored book from PGA/CGG

22 posts in this topic

Why were you surprised to see the grade? Didn't PGA send you the customary advance email?

(heck, last week they sent ME an advance notification email and tracking number--but for someone ELSE'S order.)

Smoke, no they didn't send it this time. Every other time I've had a submission I received one though. Probably overlooked this time. I like the surprise anyway so I didn't mind getting first notice when I opened the box.

Say, your name isn't Sid, is it? What if I got your email?

Well, I should have received an e-mail for Smoking Hawk then, but never did. "Isolated Incident".

Although I had nothing to hide, I wonder if grading notes could be considered private information. What if the wrong person received grading notes for some high end books belonging to someone else. Maybe an innocent mistake here, I like PGA but they do need to get more organized with some things. -----Sid

Nah, there wasn't anything personal in the email, just notes and the UPS tracking #. I suppose if I was highly motivated I could've had a thief in your area anticipate delivery and take your package, but that's unlikely. What's weird is that I don't have any packages in with PGA, and I hadn't emailed them in several weeks.

Oh well, mistakes happen. Like I said before, I like the surprise of opening the box and not knowing the grades until then anyway. I should receive a submission back from CGC any day now. I could call in for grades and grading notes but I'd rather just be surprised when I open the box.