• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10% off !!!A really HOT REDHEAD...Jimmy Olsen, RECAP PAGE 46

437 posts in this topic

:news:Take 10% off all remaining books, including the 134

I've had these a long time and I do like Jimmy, there are some really fun covers here, but I need to clear out at least one closet.

Pricing...they are all raw, so I just checked eBay raw books sold. My prices are lower than the eBay ones I saw. I'm not listing Overstreet prices this time because they are not terribly accurate on these books.

I'll be listing #11-163. I'm keeping 1-10 for now. Some of the early books are harder to find.

To the best of my knowledge none of these have been pressed, there are some books that would be much higher grades if they were pressed. Most have great color and gloss as you can see in the scans. The grades I post are the grades they are now. You can see from the scans that many look much higher. That means there is probably a non-color breaking bend or bends (ncb).

I have not cleaned any of these books. Many were from original owner collections.

I put in less detail as I get closer to the end because it was just taking me forever. I’ll gladly give more detail on anything you need. I also stopped scanning back covers after a while. If you need a back cover, just ask.

In the US

First class mail (boxed) 1 book is $3.00

Priority mail, I can fit up to 4 books in a flat rate envelope with Gator boards (wood veneer and very strong) for $5.00

Regional rates will depend on your zone.

Regional box A $5.85 to $8;50 ) for up to 10 books

Regional box B $7.85 to $15.85 for up to 20 books.

Spend $150 and priority shipping is free.

Out of the US, exact shipping.

I pay for private insurance, so that is included, plus tracking.

Shipping in the US is free if you buy more than $110 worth of books. I will discount shipping out of the US if you buy more than $110 worth of books by $10..

No probation people or HOS people please.

I take returns for any reason, just notify me within 3 days of receipt if there is a problem.

First :takeit: on the thread or in a PM wins. In case of a tie, the thread :takeit: wins.

I always take time payments, if you need one, just pm me to discuss it.

:news: :news:

#11 , 1956. Jimmy develops X-ray vision. Great color nice gloss, C/OW pages, ¼” cover spine split top, small piece off the back cover. Stain near Jimmy’s feet. Some light ncb creasing, hard to see. Grade is VG (4.0) $57 Sold to Sekowskyfan10

jimmyolsen11_0001.jpg

jimmyolsen11_0002.jpg

#12, 1956. Jimmy is a clown (what a stretch;) Superman is a Robot and then Jimmy is Invisible;)

Great color, nice gloss, date stamp. The # 12 is circled on the first page and written on the first page. There is a stain on the border of the 3rd to last page. ¼ inch split through most of the pages at the top. Paper is not brittle at all, it’s just a tear there. Pager are in the white range. Grade is VG- (3.5)(because of the split) $52

jimmyolsen12_0001.jpg

jimmyolsen12_0002.jpg

#14. Jimmy has a super tom-tom, he’s meek and he’s Superman-1956, Nice color OW pages, The crease at the top right goes through the book, and the ripple on the back goes through just 2 pages . Small piece missing right edge and a ½ “ tear above the piece. Grade is Good/VG (3.0) Bin $40

Sold to Selegue

jimmyolsen14_0001.jpg

jimmyolsen14_0002.jpg

I'm putting #13 aside for now, not quite sure how to price it yet.
:cry:
SOLD to Greggy

Well, I was thinking of slabbing this one, because it's most probably going to be the highest graded copy. I had it graded as a 6.0, but someone who is a really terrific grader, told me 8.0. Of course I'm grading it in person, which is easier than scan grading.

Joey said about 8.5 if pressed.

Highest graded copy is 7.5

#13, 1956 Great color and gloss, name in crayon. Very slight sub crease (NCB) White/OW

I'm going to ask $225

jimmyolsen13_0001.jpg

jimmyolsen13_0002.jpg

I'm putting #13 aside for now, not quite sure how to price it yet.
:cry:

Well, I was thinking of slabbing this one, because it's most probably going to be the highest graded copy. I had it graded as a 6.0, but someone who is a really terrific grader, told me 8.0. Of course I'm grading it in person, which is easier than scan grading.

Joey said about 8.5 if pressed.

Highest graded copy is 7.5

#13, 1956 Great color and gloss, name in crayon. Very slight sub crease (NCB) White/OW

I'm going to ask $225

jimmyolsen13_0001.jpg

jimmyolsen13_0002.jpg

:takeit:

#16, Jimmy Is Invulnerable, Gets to use a reincarnation machine, and becomes a super liar. 1956. VG/(4.0), very small Tape on spine appears to be unnecessary. Deduction for the tape. Gd/VG (3.0) $30 $25

Sold to Stevenrams

jimmyolsen16_0001.jpg

jimmyolsen16_0002.jpg

#17, Jimmy can fly, draw cartons and Glow;). 1956, Nice color, small tear lower left, white pages and a small piece out of a word balloon on the first page. Dialogue is not affected. 1” tear back cover. Grade is Good+ (2.5) $20.Sold to Selegue

jimmyolsen17_0001.jpg

jimmyolsen17_0002.jpg

#19, Two Jimmys Jimmy as Supes younger brother and as a human Geiger counter. 1957. Some light staining in the back, white pages, nice color, and a few diagonal creases. ½ inch split, lower left. Grade is VG (4.0) $50.00

jimmyolsen19_0001.jpg

jimmyolsen19_0002.jpg

#21 Jimmy is a pirate, Wonder Lad and marries Lois;) all in one book. 1957. Nice color, 1” split at the bottom of the cover. 1” tear on the bottom of the cover, some light moisture staining. Grade is Gd/VG (3.0) Bin is $25Sold to Selegue

jimmyolsen21_0001.jpg

jimmyolsen21_0002.jpg

#23, Jimmy as a Genie, with a long beard and as an army private! Writing, creasing, some rust on top staple, more on the bottom. 1957. Piece off the back cover, ½ cover spine split at the bottom and dirt on the first wrap. Grade is Fair/GD (1.5) Bin is $10.00

Sold to Selegue

jimmyolsen23_0001.jpg

jimmyolsen23_0002.jpg

#24 Gorilla cover, 1957. Jimmy’s magic turban, he’s a gorilla and Superman’s hall of trophies. ½ inch split lower left. Nice color and gloss, off/white pages, and a few ripples on the right of the word balloon, and on the bottom of the gorilla. Small chip on the bottom of the back cover. Grade is Gd/VG (3.0 )Bin $21 Sold to frozentundraguy

jimmyolsen24_0001.jpg

jimmyolsen24_0002.jpg