• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, who just bought that cap #1?

36 posts in this topic

Ebay... a coverless (repro cover, actually) one just came up. Sold for $1100 very fast. I would have bought it instantly except a lot of the pages had panels cut out, in particular the front page, which had the big captain america splash cut out of it. Since I would have removed the fake cover before getting it slabbed, it mattered to me that that panel was cut out.

I checked heritage first... they sold a coverless cap #1 (with repro cover) in 2009 for 836 dollars. So $1100 is probably about right. But with the big splash cut out of the front page, I'm not sure. On the other hand, when will I ever get another chance to own ANY cap #1? Probably never. In hindsight, I guess I shoulda pulled the trigger.

Why would anyone slab a cover less comic?

To quantify what is and isn't there for resale.

This doesn't really explain it. It's pretty obvious the book is coverless. I suppose one at least knows the book isn't missing something internally, but that's easy enough to check in person, and if you're spending that kind of money it should be from someone reputable either way, or at least with some kind of transactional protection.

Do slabbed NG keys really sell for more than raw?