• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best of the Best Sketch: Colossus

45 posts in this topic

I vote 2X for Anthony...here is another Colossus that he did:

JDBaJaDk_0701142101161.jpg

Castrillo's work is good, but given the recent shut down of his sketch opportunity thread in this forum and not knowing enough information about it. I feel very uncomfortable voting for him right now in the best of anything until its all cleared up and the facts are out. I don't want to see other people get taken advantage of. I do not want to reward a crook if that is what happened.

I don't like what AC done with the other members on here either who put their trust in him, BUT like it states in the rules of the BotB... "Remember this is for fun and to showcase your art. So lets keep it that way and check the drama at the door"

No point in dogging my cover out, just because you have a beef with the artist, vote on whatever book you think is the best, simple as that (thumbs u

Since we were off by a single vote to make it 50% or more...

The challenge has been laid out.

In the Red Corner…

Owner: Andy Carreon

Artist: Andy Carreon

ColossusJuggernaut_zpsd2aa3654.jpg

VS

And in the Blue Corner…

Owner – forde81

Artist - Anthony Castrillo

thsbh.jpg

The Winner earns the Prize of:

Best of the Best COLOSSUS, and the ability to choose the next category with the Best of the Best

Congrats Forde81 on the win.

^^

Owner – forde81

Artist - Anthony Castrillo

thsbh.jpg

The Winner of the Prize of:

Best of the Best COLOSSUS, and the ability to choose the next category with the Best of the Best

BotB_Colossus_R.png

There is definitely an imbalance between DC & Marvel BotB sketch covers, however i am strictly an X-Men fan & i was thinking of going with Rogue or Storm for the next BotB poll, none of you guys got any love for they characters?

You could always go with Best of the Best Ladies of Xavier category leave it open for any female X-Men to be entered. You won its up to you.

There is definitely an imbalance between DC & Marvel BotB sketch covers, however i am strictly an X-Men fan & i was thinking of going with Rogue or Storm for the next BotB poll, none of you guys got any love for they characters?

You could always go with Best of the Best Ladies of Xavier category leave it open for any female X-Men to be entered. You won its up to you.

that is not a bad idea

That was a good idea, pity i seen it after i posted my last comment, doesn't matter though, you guys craic on with the Justice League (thumbs u

Good choice. Harley would've been just as good too (I've seen some great Harley sketches as of late)

I'm not sure of the rules, but are we allowed to just request a new category to be opened?

And what are people's thoughts on a sketch cover being allowed to enter in only one category?

Good choice. Harley would've been just as good too (I've seen some great Harley sketches as of late)

I'm not sure of the rules, but are we allowed to just request a new category to be opened?

And what are people's thoughts on a sketch cover being allowed to enter in only one category?

Hey Nino if you have suggestions for the Best of the Best either new rules that should be in place or old rules that should be revisted you can post your thoughts in this thread below or private message Kaholo.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=58&Number=7471322&Searchpage=3&Main=330964&Words=Goldeneye&topic=0&Search=true#Post7471322

As far as it goes right now the winner can only pick 1 category to be the next category. If a piece qualifies it should be able to enter more than one category to me i want to know I beat the best not beat the best by technicality.

Putting these together I would prefer one and then to do maintenance on the others but did do the BotB Con Category to start building more areas for everyone to continue to show off what they believe is the Best Cover. I will throw up the poll for BotB WW Sacramento and this weekend throw up an area for LSCC to be followed up by Mega and ECCC. That way those with Daredevil, Harley, and whatever else can still compete somewhere until there chosen category is picked out.

As for the BotB Justice League I'll put everything together tonight.