• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Ebay Buyer Problem - What would you do?

185 posts in this topic

Feel free to post some scans on here of the book in question.

Paypal will require you to send the book back before you can get a refund.

I don't know who is right in this discussion yet, but I can say this.

This type of case is on the rise. Just had a return buyer who purchased several books on his 2nd buy from me. Then emailed me that none of the books are up to his standard and admits he is picky. Now I took the books back and issued a refund, but in over 10 years of selling on ebay this is a first for me. Sadly, I think its going to happen more.

Thanks. Most retards would jump to a conclusion and call me liar when there are two sides to a story. I will post the picture later tonight after I spent time with my family. Here is his listing, http://www.ebay.com/itm/301094173402?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 notice how he posted a generic Preacher cover instead of what he's selling. Common sense dictates that if you took the time to type away a listing then a few seconds to provide a picture of the item is not too much to ask unless there's malicious intent from the beginning.

The seller stole and used a generic scan from mycomicshop. :roflmao:

Feel free to post some scans on here of the book in question.

Paypal will require you to send the book back before you can get a refund.

I don't know who is right in this discussion yet, but I can say this.

This type of case is on the rise. Just had a return buyer who purchased several books on his 2nd buy from me. Then emailed me that none of the books are up to his standard and admits he is picky. Now I took the books back and issued a refund, but in over 10 years of selling on ebay this is a first for me. Sadly, I think its going to happen more.

Thanks. Most retards would jump to a conclusion and call me liar when there are two sides to a story. I will post the picture later tonight after I spent time with my family. Here is his listing, http://www.ebay.com/itm/301094173402?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 notice how he posted a generic Preacher cover instead of what he's selling. Common sense dictates that if you took the time to type away a listing then a few seconds to provide a picture of the item is not too much to ask unless there's malicious intent from the beginning.

Scans coming soon!

Please contact me with any and all questions regarding these books.

I will provide more pictures, if needed! Just ask

(shrug)

That's the listing.

If anyone reads anything that's been posted. I was at work. No book with me and scanner at home.

I stated in the listing "scans coming shortly" and the item was purchased the second I walked in my door from work.

Just send the book back and I will refund the money. How hard is that?

I'll admit I did use the mycomicshop pic. I didn't even notice it myself until later on, but it's just what comes up in a google search.

Why would I have even scanned the items, if I wasn't planning on posting a scan?

I'm weary of anyone who uses the word "retards" in their second post in a new forum :facepalm:

You meant wary right? And what does post count have to with anything?

Thanks for the correction, I fixed the double quote for you :foryou:

WTTB's

That's the listing.

If anyone reads anything that's been posted. I was at work. No book with me and scanner at home.

I stated in the listing "scans coming shortly" and the item was purchased the second I walked in my door from work.

Just send the book back and I will refund the money. How hard is that?

That was nice of mycomicshop to lend you their scan. Did they charge you a fee, or are you affiliated with them?

I'm weary of anyone who uses the word "retards" in their second post in a new forum :facepalm:

No, I think he meant weary - as in "tired of".

You're not the first new guy to come in guns a blazn'.

1st point - he's Canadian, give him a break. He might have just taken a hockey puck to the head. :)

2nd point - you don't see anything funny when a person starts throwing around insults on their second post in a forum? It isn't that, no, wait, it IS because of your low post count that this is an issue. When new members come in "guns a-blazing," usually it doesn't work out well for them.

But it does provide the rest of us with a little entertainment!

:popcorn:

-slym

:shy:

lol

I said I admit the mycomicshop thing. Does Hulk Smash work for MCS. I'm very sorry about that....my bad?

I was just in a rush, for no reason really, to post these books while I was at work. I was just a little bit away from getting home, scanning and posting.

I guess there is the possibility that these got damaged in shipping, but the first message I received just said there was a spine tick. That's something I freely admit, which is still good for a 9.4 anyday.

The dude told me the only way to get a 9.4 was to get the book directly from the printing press and send it to CGC.

I have answered your paypal complaint, so please just send it back and I'll give you the money.

I really do hope we can end this easily. I hope this gets sent back in the same condition.

lol

lol

Not fast enough!

lol

lol

Not fast enough!

Sorry! :blush:

Trust me I get it. If that's the worse thing I did, then I accept it.

I said that I didn't even notice it until later.

Also, maybe we should get board member bubbagump in on this. I bought the book from him at Dallas Sci Fi Expo. He sold it to me as a 9.4, which it clearly is. Is he lying too?