• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Shops in Indianapolis

6 posts in this topic

There are several comic shops in the Indianapolis area. Unfortunately, I'm not that familiar with them, since I've done most of my buying online and don't buy new books. So I really can't tell you about the GA/SA situation...but I doubt if there's a strong inventory of either in any of them (I could be wrong).

If you're going to be in the downtown area, there are a couple of options for you (the downtown area is really nice).

Downtown Comics

11 E Market St

Indianapolis, IN

and

Hero House Comics

1112 Prospect St

Indianapolis, IN

I've never been to Hero House, but I have been to the Downtown Comics location. They actually have several locations in the city....but this particular one is actually located almost in the direct center of downtown and I believe it's their main location. It's 1 block straight east of the Circle Monument that's located at the center of downtown.

If you're traveling with family, we also have a great zoo and one of the best childrens museums in the world (it's fun and interesting for both adults and kids). Both are near the downtown area and are just a short drive or cab ride from the Circle Monument.

There are obviously lots of restaurants in the area as well as plenty of shopping...including Circle Center Mall. If you're looking for more adult entertainment or nightlife (bars/clubs/dancing)....you can simply head straight south of the Circle Monument to find that (all within walking distance).

If you like Blues music (or just having a drink in a cool place), you'd want to check out the Slippery Noodle Inn, which is Indiana's oldest bar (established in 1850). They have live blues 7 nights a week starting at 8:30. It's located along the same area of bars/clubs that are straight south of the Circle Monument (it's just a little further south than the others). We have a pretty safe downtown and I always feel comfortable walking around and exploring.

If someone is looking for a nightlife scene away from the downtown area...you could always hop in a cab and just tell the driver to take you to Broad Ripple. It's a compact and walkable area of clubs/bars/restaurants a short drive north of downtown. This is also a great place to hangout/explore during the day...as it's an artsy area located along the canal with lots of shops and restaurants and stuff (additional Broad Ripple link).

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful on the comic front...but if you have the time, there's a lot of other stuff to enjoy as well.

St. Elmo Steak House (their list of "Notable Diners" on their website is pretty impressive.)

Everyone does rave about their shrimp cocktail...but it does bite back a little.

I enjoyed my steak more. :cloud9:

“Now there’s something else you’ve got to do before leaving Indianapolis. This is a three-alarm fire in a bowl. It’s a shrimp cocktail from St. Elmo, which is renowned around the world.”

– Kevin Tibbles

on the TODAY Show

“Oh, and I finally ate at St. Elmo! So happy I couldn't stop crying. Partly because we got a table, mostly from the spicy shrimp cocktail.”

– Neil Patrick Harris

@ActuallyNPH

There are several comic shops in the Indianapolis area. Unfortunately, I'm not that familiar with them, since I've done most of my buying online and don't buy new books. So I really can't tell you about the GA/SA situation...but I doubt if there's a strong inventory of either in any of them (I could be wrong).

If you're going to be in the downtown area, there are a couple of options for you (the downtown area is really nice).

Downtown Comics

11 E Market St

Indianapolis, IN

and

Hero House Comics

1112 Prospect St

Indianapolis, IN

I've never been to Hero House, but I have been to the Downtown Comics location. They actually have several locations in the city....but this particular one is actually located almost in the direct center of downtown and I believe it's their main location. It's 1 block straight east of the Circle Monument that's located at the center of downtown.

If you're traveling with family, we also have a great zoo and one of the best childrens museums in the world (it's fun and interesting for both adults and kids). Both are near the downtown area and are just a short drive or cab ride from the Circle Monument.

There are obviously lots of restaurants in the area as well as plenty of shopping...including Circle Center Mall. If you're looking for more adult entertainment or nightlife (bars/clubs/dancing)....you can simply head straight south of the Circle Monument to find that (all within walking distance).

If you like Blues music (or just having a drink in a cool place), you'd want to check out the Slippery Noodle Inn, which is Indiana's oldest bar (established in 1850). They have live blues 7 nights a week starting at 8:30. It's located along the same area of bars/clubs that are straight south of the Circle Monument (it's just a little further south than the others). We have a pretty safe downtown and I always feel comfortable walking around and exploring.

If someone is looking for a nightlife scene away from the downtown area...you could always hop in a cab and just tell the driver to take you to Broad Ripple. It's a compact and walkable area of clubs/bars/restaurants a short drive north of downtown. This is also a great place to hangout/explore during the day...as it's an artsy area located along the canal with lots of shops and restaurants and stuff (additional Broad Ripple link).

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful on the comic front...but if you have the time, there's a lot of other stuff to enjoy as well.

Domo, thanks for all your input, especially the family options. I am traveling there for business but I plan bringing my family. This will give us several options of things to do. Thanks.

Domo, thanks for all your input, especially the family options. I am traveling there for business but I plan bringing my family. This will give us several options of things to do. Thanks.

No problem. Hope you have fun! (thumbs u