• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Watching live auction on comic books today

10 posts in this topic

I'm watching live auction online in my local area. Lots of good comic books up for bids.

Able Auctions

Had already won one lot ... waiting for my next lot to try bid hm

There was one lot with 10 copies of "Star Wars" #1 - but the bid was crazy closing at over $350 to someone!

10 copies of SW#1 for $350? $35 a copy??

hm

-slym (sounds like a good deal to him)

Not sure... these copies were said to be in mid-high grade in overall. They are not top-mint copies. So, to me feeling there's not a lot of meat on bone to make a good profit after paying this bid plus auction fees in there.

Do the math:

If at FN 6.0 for all 10 copies in guide... that is $21 per copy. Total $210.

If at VF 8.0 for all 10 copies in guide... that is $44 per copy. Total $440.

So when someone bid and won at @ $350 on this lot. Not really much of meat on bone! :P

Live auctions will be subject to a 17% buyers premium (unless otherwise noted). :o

Yes... that is true, I paid for that but I think did good on the lots I got. Some of what I got has few keys in among these books. Like 1st app of Cosmic Cube, Modok, High Evoutionary and few more.

I went through them and to my surprise - I found one bronze age Thor in French edition! :o