• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where do all these high grade books come from?

49 posts in this topic

Where do Comic-Keys and Jason Ewing get there seemingly endless supply of high grade material? Do they have stockpiles of it? Are they able to buy it continuously? It amazes me when either one of them put a new batch of books up.

On another note, the resiliency of Comic-Keys to stay in business is amazing. Look at the reposnse he is getting from his current auctions:

Comic-Keys eBay auctions

Given the press he has had both on this and in CBG, it's pretty astounding that he gets this kind of business.

Now back to my first question...where do they get these books from?

gossip.gif i think it is through hard work, research, willingness to travel, having liquidity, the ability to make quick decisions, a good eye and a little bit of luck. But I think determination will bring luck along with it. i have seen ewert working at shows....he works the bins. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

also important to get into shows early or during set up in order to raid the nice books b4 the dealers get to them.....of course this can be difficult but not impossible. When you see stacks of books behind the tables when the show opens, you know the nicer items are loooong gone. Often you will see some of these back in the bins or on the walls but that isn;t until the dealers have had their pricate look after working said bins/walls. But hey that' s the game and ya gotta play if you want the books.

This collection won't be ready for the National

Basically

Amazing Spiderman #101 up, modern issues already graded were just posted.

Avengers #21 up, lots of books submitted

Lots of Batman's, Detectives, HOM, HOS, 70's horror

Captain America #100 up

Daredevil #1 up

Defenders 1 up

Fantastic Four #87 up

Ghost Rider 1 up

Giant Size issues, all

Incredible Hulk #102 up

All the Marvel Premieres, Marvel Spotlights etc.

It's basically being graded and submitted so that I'm not bankrupt by CGC grading fees.

Full runs of Marvel/DC from 1966 through 1980

Original owner.

No butter stories, no "folklore spins", just a beautiful collection with lots of books in for grading 300-400 so far, another 450 ready to go.

Any Charlton, Gold Key or Harveys by any chance???... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif