• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old Mutant vs New Mutant

21 posts in this topic

Ok, does anyone who knows me have to guess what my answer to this question is????

C'mon. Anybody? Anybody at all?

Ok, well here's the deal.

By saying "who's better", I would obviously go with New Mutants, just because I am such an enormous fan of the team.

But if you were to say "who would win in a fight", the truth is that while I love the newer guys, they probably wouldn't ultimately win in a true one on one battle, but I think it would be a lot closer than most others would imagine.

In fact, it wouldn't surprise me at all for them to actually pull a rabbit out of their hat and actually pull off a victory!!!

Shameless New Mutants plug inserted here......

:)

I seem to recall John Byrne once calling the New Mutants one of the most boring comics ever. I tend to agree. It was a real snoozefest zzz

Number 98 seems to be interesting...

Only in a "I can sell a slabbed 9.8 for $$$" kind of way

I seem to recall John Byrne once calling the New Mutants one of the most boring comics ever. I tend to agree. It was a real snoozefest zzz
During the Simonson era especially, the scripts were littered with repetitive musings about their powers and about their peer relationships. There were some decent stories, but the characters were kind of flat, and they were even drawn as just a small mob flying on to the scene.

Crimebuster's First Law of Comics: If John Byrne said it, it must be wrong.

I will be unveiling further laws as needed.