• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Edmonton Collector Con Feb 23 2014 convention report

33 posts in this topic

Sunday was the first Edmonton Collector Con.

www.edtoyshow.com

Considering it was minus 20 degrees outside, the Canadian men's hockey team was playing for the gold medal very early in the morning, and the show had limited advertising me and my Clobberin' Time team of Kimik, 500club and thehumantorch had low expectations for this small show.

It was held at the Chateau Lacombe Crown Plaza Hotel in the ball room there.

003_zps1c2f1d1b.jpg

the weather was frigid, -20 Celcius and snow and ice everywhere.

002_zps35631b29.jpg

Day of the show, I got up at 4:30 AM to watch the gold medal hockey game. Once the game was over I loaded up my car and headed to the hotel to setup. Once we were all set up I walked around to take some photos.

Here is the crowd waiting to get in. The line up actually did go around into the hotel's lobby.

004_zps033e6e0f.jpg

any little tykes that come by the Clobberin' Time booth get a free comic. I have an agenda of course :devil: I am trying to create future comic collectors, and while the little guys browse the box for the freebie I am hoping the parents buy something to.

019_zps97708cfb.jpg

I decided to see if the other dealer would sell the wall display rack he had, and we made a deal in trade for some of my comics.

The wall rack has a fold up base, and the pockets are in excellent condition. The top header is also in great shape. I didn't have to give up anything high value, the other dealer stuck to bargain books and 5-40 dollar type of books: easy to sell at local show stuff.

020_zps24b31fe8.jpg

021_zps7fc97acb.jpg

It ended up being a pretty decent show all things considered. The organizer plans to do 4 of these a year, making the total comic cons we can do in Alberta 9 now so it is great for us as sellers and for the comic hobby.

Small show, I didn't spend much more than a hundred bucks and the trade I made for the wall rack.

Hopefully my comrades might add their thoughts to this small but great show.