• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blu Planet Comics in Long Island, New York goes off the deep end.

218 posts in this topic

This was posted in the Water Cooler by board member JS...but thought it would be of interest here.

Here's the last update board member JS posted about his situation on reddit.com

update, 04/29/14: MAJOR NEWS. So in a desperate attempt to keep the money - Blu Planet lied to my credit card company and said that he gave me the goods in person. My credit card company laughed at him and rejected his claim.

I can now say, I have received a 100% full refund from my credit card company, American Express. Seriously, they are awesome.

I have to give absolutely NO credit, zero, zilch, squat to WoTC. They did nothing for me. They saw all of this go down and according to BPC's own Facebook, WoTC allows this sort of behavior to go on, as he is still an authorized card store to conduct FNM and other events. Shameful.

Thanks EVERYONE for your support!! Glad this is finally over.

I read this entire thread on my train-ride into work this morning. Glad the OP got his money back, and shame on the owner of this place. Comic shops like this give the hobby a bad name. Every city has them, unfortunately....

Store went out of business btw

Looks like they went back and deleted between 1-3 years worth of post on their Facebook pages. How much of their going out of business had to do with the bad press of this incident as opposed to already going under due to bad business practices?

Store went out of business btw

Looks like they went back and deleted between 1-3 years worth of post on their Facebook pages. How much of their going out of business had to do with the bad press of this incident as opposed to already going under due to bad business practices?

There was a lot more going on than the online debacle. Honestly don't know what I can say and not. I can say the doors were locked on him preventing him from gaining access.

There are plenty of other stores on Long Island to take your business. In the ultra competitive business environment that is Long Island I'm not surprised this shop didn't last long after all this bad publicity.

The owner knew the shop was closing. Bad publicity on the internet was the least of his problems.

If only a tenth of the rumors are true, the guy has problems, big time.

Friend of mine who worked there part time claims he is still owed money.

There are plenty of other stores on Long Island to take your business. In the ultra competitive business environment that is Long Island I'm not surprised this shop didn't last long after all this bad publicity.

Any recommendations for Long Island or surrounding area for SA or GA material? Only two that come to mind are Tor Comics in Holtsville and Rogers Time Machine in Manhattan.

I actually never been to that store. Did they have a good selection?

No..

Their Amityville Store was a better location next to a Five Guys but he was pushed out of there before taking residence across from Krisch's Ice Cream in Massapequa.